April 30th: New Preview Alpha build available (1705.170428-1601)

This build fixes the Party chat crashing bug - thanks for finding this and being patient!

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby. 

• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates. 

• If you have been selected to receive the update and your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 5/1/2017, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS 

OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1705.170428-1601

Available: 7:00PM PDT 4/30 (1:00AM GMT 1/5)

FIXES:    

•Party Chat

Fixed an issue that would result in Party chat crashing

•Home

Fixed an issue that would result in Home crashing and showing as an App

Discussion Info

Last updated May 2, 2017 Views 353 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've already set my console to unenroll only minutes before this was posted.  I enjoyed the program but I no longer have the patience to use a constantly broken OS.  I'm going back to the stability of release version.

I've already set my console to unenroll only minutes before this was posted.  I enjoyed the program but I no longer have the patience to use a constantly broken OS.  I'm going back to the stability of release version.

I'm sorry you feel this way. But it's always appreciated when bugs are reported so they can be fixed as soon as possible. :)

There should be an alert system that should let those in the Preview Program know by message when there's a broken bug like this, i seriously taught something was wrong with my account for 2 days straight.

very frustrating but glad it's getting taken care off

After updating YouTube no longer loads. Just sits at a rotating white circle. Other apps seem fine so far.

Had to do a factory reset on my console just so this update installed correctly. Guess that's just how badly the last one messed things up for me. 

Now if only I could find out if my Wildlands crashing on launch constantly is a leftover bug from the last update, or something else.

I had to do multiple hard resets to get anything to work. I kept getting game/app took too long to start error messages and couldn't send feedback via the app and now the entire os is extremely slow and sluggish to respond to any inputs.

after update (had to do a hard reset just to get it to update) now can watch TV unless I touch any button on controller then screen dims and stays that way until I restart. Cannot access home screen, games, store, settings, nothing. Starts TV and works unless I touch controller.

Since update can no longer load any games or apps, just constant black screen.  Hoping after multiple hard resets things will work.

Can't load any games or apps, they all crash or freeze on the initial loading screen.

I'm sorry you feel this way. But it's always appreciated when bugs are reported so they can be fixed as soon as possible. :)

It's not just bugs this time this broke the whole damn OS, nothing works for me!