April 17th: New Preview Alpha build available (1705.170411-1700)

HOW TO GET IT

• If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby. 

• NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Updates. 

• If you have been selected to receive the update and your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 AM PDT 4/19/2017, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS 

OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1705.170411-1700

Available: 6:00PM PDT 4/17 (1:00AM GMT 18/4)

NEW FEATURES:

Welcome to 1705 on Xbox One! This month we’re rolling out a new party overlay, more fan-requested improvements, and later this month…Killer Instinct and World of Tanks tournaments powered by Arena on Xbox Live!

You can read more about the features coming in this update on the Xbox News Wire.

NOTE: Not all planned features for this update are available at this time.

Discussion Info

Last updated April 21, 2017 Views 334 Applies to:

I am currently experiencing not being able to either update apps or to download them is there a bug in either this update or the last one that would be the cause of said issue ?

Sorry for the strange post, but I just wanted to offer that I'm taking my XB1S to a hotel this Thursday and Friday night, so I'll be able to test Captive Portal if it is live by then.  😁

Thanks for all of your hard work, Preview Team!

Since the update Im getting a weird graphical issue on the dashboard. There is in the top left corner a black square that appears. I've done a hard reset, changed HDMI cable and it still comes back. Not appearing on my 360, Apple TV nor Sat TV. I was playing Forza Horizon 3 when it popped up and wouldn't go away until I hard reset but it appears after a few minutes.