"There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again"

Xbox App on Windows 10

Okay, first off its pretty demeaning for a program to tell ME when its okay for me to record.. if i want to record ill record thankfully i have OBS but it would be cool to use this official recorder if only to try it out.

No matter if its an app or an official thing like minecraft for windows 10 or a real installed game... makes no difference i keep getting "There is nothing to record. Play some more and try again" after it starts recording for 3 seconds. 

I am having the same problem. I have been making youtube videos using this screen recorder and now it is not working. please help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there, I am also having this problem and I think I know what the problem is, however I cannot find a way to fix it.

If your problem is different to mine, you could try clearing your temporary files in Windows. This has worked for some people but not for me. You can find out how to do it online if you don't already know.

The problem I have got is that the Game DVR wants to save clips into C:\Users\USERNAME\Videos\Captures.

BUT, when I 'Open Folder' in the Xbox App Settings, it goes to This PC\Videos\Captures.

I think it's denying me/us of recording because it wants to record in one location but is forced to try and record in the other, but it won't allow it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, ignore what I said about the video locations thing, Windows shows them as different locations but they are the same location, my bad.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

still nothing huh? the app is supposedly updated and still gives this error. Makes me think an achievement has to be gotten or something for it to record like whatever im recording isnt good enough for it. Make me wanna slap the programmer that made it.

Dor or Do not, There is no Try

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marusame, please submit feedback regarding this problem through the beta app.  I will route your feedback directly to the individuals working on this feature.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am now having the same problem I was hoping there is an answer to this can someone please let me know

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Josh, What version of the app are you using?  If your able to reproduce this issue, and your experiencing this issue with Xbox App (Beta) too, please use the "report a problem". This will provide helpful data for the developers to investigate. In the mean-time I will highlight this in our reports to the developers to review.  

Thanks for reporting,

Best

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

sigh, been using this app for a month, now im getting the same stupid message too....shame no one has figured out why it does this..... oh well.... guess its broken for me too

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

lack of actual help by anyone is disappointing.....  so by looks of it, it's been going on for ages where people cant record and no one has bothered to tell us how t fix it..... pathetic...... only reason why i upgraded to win 10 was for xbox app and now it dont even work..... well time to get rid of this rubbish.... thanks for nothing MS

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 742 Applies to: