Minecraft

Can't navigate the Minecraft tools.  The white cursor slides along the bottom of the menu, but I can't select different blocks or materials.  New and old worlds have the same problem.  Got an error message a week ago about Skin Packs corrupting, but I've deleted and reinstalled all the ones that were available for reinstall

Hey, TextbookShoe0! Sorry to see any issues, however I do not see any game history on your account for Minecraft. Do you happen to have another account that you are playing this on?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I guess I set up a separate account for my son when we got the xbox.  The original problem has been resolved.  Apparently the "sensitivity" in the Minecraft settings was turned down to 22, which prevented him from navigating the inventory.  I don't know why such an option even exists, but that does work.  Still getting corruption warnings due to a skin pack.  I think I've deleted and reinstalled all the ones that he has, but it still comes up everytime he plays with his friend who is physically at our house, not on xboxlive,  The issue never comes up when playing alone.  If you need the account information for this problem, I'll see if I can find it.  Thanks for your help Misses Quinzel!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No worries! I'm happy to see at least one side of things is resolved!

When he's playing online with a friend, is it in their world or his world? What I mean by that is, does he play in the same world giving the error when he's playing solo? That will help me determine what we might need to do next.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They are playing on my son's world.  The friend doesn't have an xbox.  I think there is a world that the two play in together, but I'm not sure if he plays in it only with the friend or on his own.  Hard to tell, all his worlds are labelled New World.  The message that appears sporadically says: "Some of your downloadable content is corrupt and cannot be used.  You need to delete them, then re-install them from the minecraft store menu."  At first he said that he could only be Steve and that it must be a skinpack problem.  So we deleted and reinstalled all the skins.  Now that I've seen the message, i've deleted and reinstalled all the mashup packs and texture packs.  So far so good.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perfect! What a weird situation, but hopefully that helps you out. Please let me know if you are still having issues, or if you believe this is all set now. :)

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 41 Applies to: