Xbox turns on for 1 second then immediately turns off.

Okay, I literally just sent my xbox one console in for repair and waited a month just for this reason and now its doing it again, As the title says I press the xbox button on the console and it turns on for 1 second then immediately off. Before I sent it in last time I tried every which way of troubleshooting I could find for Xbox one consoles and support said just send it in which by the way was my second time sending in my xbox one console for repair. When I got my console back literally 4 days ago they packed it with a letter saying that "nothing was wrong with it" which I don't know how that happened considering I tried every outlet in my house and another power brick from my friend among other things and I still got the same effect of turning on then off immediately. Now I am struggling with this issue again. I don't want to have to send it in again and wait another month. Has anyone else had an issue like that and fixed it?

I'm having the same issue.  I get a solid orange light on the power supply, but the unit won't stay on.  I get the power up chime then it shuts off.  I'm afraid to buy a new brick just to find out that's not the problem.

203 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Are you plugging the console in to a power bar or directly to the wall socket?  If you are using a power bar then try just plugging it in to the socket as the Xbox One power bars have built in surge protectors.  

If that doesn't work then you should consider the possibility that there is a power issue in your house or try contacting phone support again for more assistance.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

74 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What you will need to do is a more thorough system reset as I have had a similar issue in the past. Unplug the power brick from the wall and from the console. Now remove any and all USB devices that are plugged into the console - this is very important and the step you are probably not doing. Wait for a few minutes, then plug the power brick back into the console and wall - do not plug in any USB devices yet, including external hard drives. Now start up the console and is should boot up normally, once it does you can proceed to plug in your USB devices again.

-

I had this issue a few months back about every time there was an update for the One. First time it happened I was a little freaked out as I could not get it to stay on. Then as a last resort before contacting Microsoft, I tried removing the USB devices before starting up and Voila! it worked. I have not had this issue for a few months now, but it did happen a couple of times after that first time and was usually when an update was waiting to be installed.

262 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update... I tried unplugging everything from the console and held the power button and disc eject button down just to try something and it worked. Now, 4 days later I am having the same issue again and that trick before isn't working. So now once again I don't know what to do. I am thinking it is my power supply I heard that it is a sign when you power supply is dying.

53 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is not the power supply..i had the same issue..when I would plug the power supply into the console the orange light would instantly turn white for 1 second, then back to orange, then white, orange, white, and after the 3rd white it would just stay orange for eternal life until you unplug the ***..i did all the trouble shooting for almost 2 weeks before calling Microsoft and they first told me it was a faulty power supply and gave me some *** analogy about how the little fan gets fried due to "me" improperly placing my power supply in a ventilated area (which It obviously is).. so while I was waiting on the order I found a replacement power supply brand new at a local Disc Replay for $60..so I figured I'd bite the bullet since either way I'd have a backup when my other one comes back, but turns out the same *** as my (fried cooling fan) power brick paperweight..i was furious simply because I trusted Microsofts customer service technical representative telling me what the problem was..but honestly It was kind of worth it to try because I found out that there's actually a problem with my console (according to REP#2)

So now it's been a week since I shipped out my console and 2 weeks for my perfectly functioning nothing wrong at all power supply..so in another 1-2 weeks I hope to finally have a 100% working game console that I've spent more time troubleshooting than actually playing ..fingers crossed

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had this problem... Power brick solid orange LED, won't turn on by controller, manually turns off but shuts down in 1 second. I tried everything on the support page to do it myself, still didn't work. I called support and they just tried to get me to do everything i just tried on the support page. I literally tried everything about ten times and still nothing worked. I was about to buy a new power brick but i figured i should try everything again.

The ONE thing that finally worked was hard resetting the xbox. Within the second from turning it on, I held the power again to reset it and it worked. I tried this ten times before and it didn't work until that last time. I suggest anyone who has this problem to try over and over to reset it this way until they get it to work. The timing has to be so precise for you only have such a small window of opportunity to get it to work, I'm saying it is VERY PRECISE on timing. Just keep trying until you get it, this was the only way I was able to get mine to work.

Also if this works and the same issue comes up a couple days later, make sure to change your power and startup settings to energy-saving mode.

78 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the tip.  However, as this thread is fairly old odds are the OP has solved their problem.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating
if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue, and have tried this repair message (and a few others) at that, anyone got any solutions?

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there TheRipperDannyB!

Because this thread is quite old, please create a new thread detailing your issue so we can help you out. Thanks a bunch, cheers!

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 251,715 Applies to: