Xbox One X Periodic Audio Cut Out - SJ9 & Atmos

Hi Xbox Support,

I've finally gotten fed up enough where I'm taking the time to post and look for support. I have a LG SJ9 Atmos enabled soundbar with an Xbox One X and LG OLED C7. Set up is Xbox to soundbar to TV. I have the SKY HDMI cable from xbox to soundbar (it's a directional cable and is in the right direction), and the included HDMI cable that came with XBOX One X from Soundbar to the TV. 

My issue, the sound cuts out nearly every time I turn on the tv, I end up needing to cycle through inputs on soundbar, or turn it on and off again, sometimes multiple times, in order to get sound and picture working. If I switch between apps like TV to Netflix, I have a 80% chance I'll lose sound again and need to turn soundbar on and off again. It's super frustrating and hear it's been a constant challenge with Xbox ability to process Dolby Atmos.  Not all content out there is Dolby Atmos, most isn't, but the Console seems to have issues with it's A/V signals out regardless. Where is the fix...

Also would be nice to have Dolby Vision support any day now...

Yes, exact same issue with me since I got the SJ9

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an SJ9, and have the same exact issue.  I have to cycle through the inputs on the SJ9 to get sound and picture back.  And the issue has gotten worse.  I'm blaming LG on this one, as I am not seeing issues from users of other systems.  Thinking of going with a receiver and satellite speakers.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Can you try looking through your instruction manuals for your TV and soundbar and look for an option to turn off HDMI CEC and also turn off the ARC feature to see if you still experience the same issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, but my Xbox One X pushes Dolby Atmos to non Dolby Atmos movies. Also my Xbox pushes out HDR to non HDR movies. It's very frustrating that the sound cuts in n out even when I play Shadow of The Tomb Raider that's Dolby Atmos. Even Avengers Infinity War sound cuts in n out. Since I have a Geek Squad warranty, I took my LG SJ9 to Best Buy. They tested all Dolby Atmos scenarios and never once did they have a problem with the soundbar in Dolby Atmos mode cutting in n out. There's something wrong with the Dolby Atmos signal the Xbox One X uses that the SJ9 has problems decoding. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same setup including the cables and the same problem. Turning off atmos in the sound settings fixes it, but we shouldn't have to do that. I only have this problem when playing games though, 4k blurays work fine.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue and also feel that it has gotten worse over the year since I bought my SJ9 and Xbox One X. Would have been great to be able to connect the Xbox to the TV instead of having to use HDMI pass through XBox - SJ9 - TV. Every time I want to play Xbox I need to turn Simplink off on the TV, use the SJ9 remote to change input to HDMI In and then use the TV remote again to change the audio output to (Optical/HDMI ARC) to get everything to work "properly". Not counting in the frequent audio cut offs, loss of video signal etc. 

I don't know how Xbox One X works with other Atmos soundbars, but it sure don't work with the SJ9. I think that there are issues with both the SJ9 and with Xbox and would be surprised if the issues are ever resolved. I was in contact with LG last year and they don't care at all. This year they have a new Atmos soundbar so they will probably focus on that. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for sharing great knowledge and kindly have a

look in my website. we would love to have your feedback.. Check

it out - - > [Mod Removed - Terms of Service/Code of Conduct]      

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!

Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention. We will be more than happy to assist you with this issue. We recommend creating a new thread with a detailed description of the issue. Thank you again, and we look forward to hearing from you!

\(^ω^\)

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 25, 2023 Views 2,569 Applies to: