Xbox Live with Verizon MiFi.... NAT issue.

Little background regarding the situation:

I live out in the boonies and the only available internet out here is through *** Hughes satellite internet. Haven't played xbox live in like 3 years at my house.

Situation:

For christmas I got a Verizon MiFi portable router deal. My xbox connects to it perfectly fine and will connect to the Internet and Xbox live perfectly fine with one exception, the NAT is set to Moderate. I've tried everything that Xbox live has posted about fixing this, and I have contacted verizon and they are kind of dumbfounded by the situation and have no real solution to this issue.

Now, I'm just wondering if anybody has had this issue before and if they have any solution? I know I can play xbox with a moderate NAT but that it will be harder to connect to games. So, I would like to get this figured out. Any help is appreciated.

I'm in Dundee, Scotland and I can't log in either... it keeps telling me my network doesn't have a high enough MTU when it was working fine this morning. I double checked my router settings and the MTU is well above the required level. Then I went to try and access the Xbox website to see if there is a known issue with XBL and I can't even load up the 'STATUS of LIVE' page (it keeps throwing a runtime error message at me). 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there kid - which specific device do you have? That would help us see if there is a way to assist with the NAT issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a Samsung SCH-LC11, and it doesn't seem to be having a problem anymore. So I don't know if it fixed itself or if it's not that big of an issue. But if you have an suggestions, I'd still love to hear them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Sinister, I think the issue here may be that you're trying to connect through a hotspot, which may just default to a moderate NAT (it's the same thing with connections bridged through a laptop, for instance). Still, if you'd like to give them a try, this guide has great steps for resolving NAT issues. Let us know if that helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue using mifi 5510L

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, W4MPUS K4T! I'm very sorry to see that you are having connection issues. This thread is over 3 years old. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into, your modem and router model information, and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 72 Applies to: