Star Wars: KOTOR (on demand Xbox classic game) won't download to my 360...

I recently purchased Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic off the Xbox Live Marketplace (it appeared on the marketplace around the time it became backwards compatible on Xbox One, sometime in the last week or so). No matter what I do the game won't download. 

I've tried resetting the system cache, resetting router, power cycling the console, resetting my internet settings on the console...nothing works. I've tried countless times to get this to download to no avail. If I leave the tab open and wait for it to download, it reaches 100%. From there I select "Play Now" and it goes to a black screen, then to the Dashboard. I look for it in My Games and it isn't there. Then I check the HDD storage and there's a corrupted file the same size as the game I'm trying to download, so I delete that and try again (I delete the corrupted file every time). 

I had a chat with Xbox Support and the person came to the conclusion that this is a problem with my internet. That simply isn't the case. I have downloaded TONS of stuff, lots of Arcade titles and On Demand games, as well as many of the GwG titles. I've never had a problem downloading online content, so I have no reason to believe that suddenly my internet can't handle a 4 GB download.

And I know it isn't my hard drive. I bought the console new. I'm using the E model Xbox 360 which came with a 500 GB hard drive right out of the box. I have original xbox discs that work in my console just fine (played them recently, too!).

So, before I request a refund for this game, are there any other things I could try to get it working? I've literally tried everything I could think of. 

Answer
Answer

Hey all,

We believe this issue is now resolved. Please try to uninstall any copy on the hard drive. It might show up as "Unknown Game" at around 3.8GB. Then try to re-download it again from the store. Please let us know if this works and if you're seeing the Game Art in My Games.

Thanks!

Mister Mascot

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky HERE for the best info.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2023 Views 1,583 Applies to: