Connect To Xbox Live

Alright, I know my router is working, I know i put the password in right, and I know the service is strong enough, but my xbox just will not connect to the internet, it shows that i can connect to a wireless signal, but when i do it says i don't have internet service..why?

This is actually a common problem.

This might work, what you need to do is reset your network connections to factory settings.

From xbox home go to settings tab, press A on settings.

Go down to network settings and choose your network (wired or wireless network) and press A.

Now, press A on configure network.

Press right on the stick to "additional settings" at bottom of page it will say "restore factory defaults".

It will ask if you are sure you want to restore factory settings, press yes. From there try connecting to your wireless. If that doesnt work, maybe try a wired connection and see if your xbox can connect that way. If it does, it's probably an issue with your router.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It still says:

"There's a problem with your connection. Select More Info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it."

But I'm using the same router right now to talk to you on my laptop and I was just connected to live last night, so is there any other way you know of that could help?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Dirty Scene. Looks like you need some assistance connecting to Xbox LIVE. We're here to help! To get started, can you please complete the following information for us? I filled in some information based on your previous posts.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter: "There's a problem with your connection. Select More Info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it."

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:

Thanks in advance for providing this. It will help make sure we 100% understand your situation and all the factors. Standing by for your response!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 3 Applies to: