• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

• June 8, 2017
    Announcement: End of support for Windows Essentials forum on Microsoft Community
    As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials reached the end of support for the suite of client applications.  The Windows Essentials applications will continue to run on your Windows devices, however, Downloads are no longer available.  For more information, please refer to Essentials 2012 Release Notes

Effective July 2017, the Microsoft Community Windows Essentials forum will also reach end of support. Windows Essentials community participants are welcome to continue to use the forum to ask questions and post answers with each other. And, basic Microsoft moderation will continue to ensure participants can engage in a safe and positive environment. 

Thank you for using Windows Essentials applications and sharing your ideas in the forum.  We appreciate your passion and interest in the Windows Essentials

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Cannot connect Blogger account to Windows Live Writer

CB Blogger asked on
Question Summary
Other Windows Live Writer issues
What blogging service are you using ?
Blogger
Is your computer behind a corporate firewall ?
No
Enter the exact error that you are experiencing :
Can't connect to your blog service: unable to connect to the remote server.

Additional Details

When I try to link my Blogger account to Live Writer, I first get the message "Windows Live Writer was not able to automatically detect your blog settings. Please select the type of blog you are using and continue".

I select Blogger and hit next and then get the message "Can't connect to your blog server. Unable to connect to remote server. Please try fixing the problem and try again".

I went into the control panel and updated Live Writer.

This is my home computer with Windows Essentials for security...not sure about firewall or something that needs to be set in Blogger first? Any help would be greatly appreciated...I have already spent hours on this.

32 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Asheej T K replied on

I am answering to this question after few years because it may help someone.

Recently google changed thier security policy and it blocks access to the blogger from all external tool like live writer or any other tool which can be used to write blog posts.

What you can do to over come from this issues is,

go to https://www.google.com/settings/security

and then go to the section Account permissions and click on Settings against "Access for less secure apps"

Here you have to enable the "Access for less secure apps" and click on Done.

Now you try to access the same.

Let me know if anybody is still facing this issue.

Update: Feb 17th 2016

Windows live writer stopped supporting blogspot.com. So if you are not able to configure your blogspot with live writer just uninstall the live writer and download open live writer. You will have the same interface and features in open live writer.

http://openlivewriter.org/

35 people found this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
DalonGage replied on

You may have to recreate an app password for it to work. 

I have a post that shows how to resolve this:
     http://goo.gl/ZLluI7 

Regards,
Larry  

THIS is finally the answer of how to fix this issue with Windows Live Writer posting to Blogger.  Thank you SO SO SO much!!!!!!

4 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress