Mobile devices unable to see my emails.

Since 24h I am I'm unable to see my emails. My Hotmail Inbox comes up with the error "Service Not Available"

Question Info

Last updated August 31, 2018 Views 2,086 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

To everyone here,

Please see the following announcement: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/hotmail-signin/im-unable-to-see-my-emails-my-hotmail-inbox-comes/cb39b54a-57bf-40ec-8f78-f8cbc27e77e7. Check back for more information/updates.  Note that many are affected, but some are restored.

You may also go to the status page to check for updates on the problem at: https://status.live.com/detail/hotmail.  Though it may report all is well, the issue with mobile devices remains and you should check the above for updates.

To those asking for a better ETA for the fix, we don’t have one because they probably don’t yet know themselves.  Their choices would be suggest something wildly long as a guess just to stop people from asking, but that wouldn’t be right and many might miss a far earlier recovery OR to provide their best guess which, if not met, will cause more anger and a wave of threads within seconds after that estimate asking why it still isn’t fixed or if it’s fixed and is now an individual problem when it isn’t.  So they tell us the truth which is it’s broken, they’re working on it, they don’t have a precise estimate yet, and basically be patient.

To those who want to be called or speak with someone, what would be the point?  For one, support is through the forum – there are no people to call.  If we provided general support numbers, you could spend hours spinning your wheels to end up being sent back here anyway.  And even we can’t reach the engineers or designers/technicians to speak to them about it.  I imagine the people without power in New Jersey for month from the hurricane all wanted to know when power would be restored to their homes and tried to talk to someone as if that would help.  But with a large scale problem like this, individual attention isn’t the answer.  We need to let them do their work and they’ll restore everything as soon as they can.

To those who think 3 days is long, tell that to the people in New Jersey without electricity for months.  It will take as long as it takes.  The people working on the problem are not in Disney World riding roller coasters or getting drunk at the local pub.  They are working as hard as possible to fix it all as soon as possible.

I realize it’s inconvenient, but I find it inconvenient when I lose my internet connection for hours or days (or my TV cable or my phone or whatever).  These things happen and not only to Hotmail or Microsoft, but to all companies that provide services like that from time to time.

Thanks and good luck!  And please be patient.

Kosh

MVP(7/2012-6/2015),MCSE,MCSA,MCC2011,xCMM,xCAM,A+,Net+,Security Expert, xInfluencer. See Profile.

W10Prox64 Fast 16299rs3; Ofc Insider 1710/8613.1000; Edge,IE11,Chrome.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.