Windows Movie Maker is saving my movie with glitches -- How do I fix that?! Need help ASAP

Windows Movie Maker is saving my movie with glitches. Sometimes the music doesn't play, other times there is nothing on the screen. How do I fix this?? It is a video slideshow with pictures and music for a wedding in a couple days. I have made many slideshows with Windows Movie Maker, and this has never happened.

Please HELP! Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community forum. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your audio and video in Movie Maker. Let me help you with that. There's a possibility that Movie Maker related files are corrupted. As an initial troubleshooting steps, please repair your Movie Maker. Follow the steps below:

1.       Click Start and on the Seacrh box, type AppWiz.cpl and then Enter.

2.       Select Windows Essentials 2012, click Uninstall/Change.

3.       Click Repair all Windows Essentials Programs.

If the issue still persists, I would like to you to check and ensure the following:

Movie Maker Version - Ensure that you have the latest the version of your Windows Live Movie Maker. Movie Maker 2012's system requirements are slightly different from Movie Maker 2011's.

Codecs - Audio and Video require codecs to play the file and it’s important to have the right codecs installed or updated in your PC. Ensure that you have the proper codecs to play your videos and audio files.

• You may try fixing bad codecs by referring to this link: Microsoft FixIt tool
  • Media info will be able to identify any issues with missing or faulty codecs and whether it’s already installed in your computer or not. Get here.

Note: If can't find the codec, you may convert the video to a supported format (eg. wmv) and then add it to your Windows Movie Maker project.

Video Card Drivers - Ensure that your video card drivers are up to date.To determine the version and video card driver date, run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag):

1. Click on Start button and type “dxdiag” in the Search programs and files box and press Enter key on the keyboard.
2. Click on the Display tab and you will see the driver details including the driver version.
3. If your video card driver seems outdated please go to the video card driver manufacturer and see if a newer version is available.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Regards,

Helene C.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2022 Views 7,251 Applies to: