Windows live movie maker will not start error "Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements"

Original Title: Windows live movie maker will not start.

I am running Windows 7 professional 64bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Computer is HP Probook 6360b

DirectX version 11

Strangly it dosen't come with movie maker - I first downloaded Windows live movie maker 2012 - this refused to work

I tried the various patches posted elsewhere on here, then tried deleting it and downloaded the 2011 version, this gives me

the same error message

Sorry, Movie Maker can't start. Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements before trying to start

Movie makeragain, and then try to update the driver for your video card if Movie maker still doesn't start.

My system clock and date is correct my computer is brand new and more than the minmum system requiremnts What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance Tom

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2019 Views 11,402 Applies to:

Hi,

1.       Is the issue specific to Windows Live Movie Maker?

2.       Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Method 1: The error message is to update video card drivers, try un-installing and re-installing video card drivers and see if that helps.

Refer the following steps:

a)     Click on Start, right click on computer.

b)     Click on properties, click on Device manager

c)     Expand display adapter, right click on the adapter option

d)     Click on uninstall

e)     Now go to your computer/Wireless device manufacturer website, download the updated drivers and install them

Refer:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly

You may also refer:

What are the Movie Maker system requirements?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/movie-maker-system-requirements-ui

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually I'm having the same error with starting windows live movie maker. My system configuration is more than it is required to run the movie maker. I have updated the driver for my video card but that doesn't help either. Plz help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Changes had been made to Movie Maker recently. Back in October, system requirements had been lowered for DivX. For more information about the update, please go to this link.

Please make the  necessary update that was indicated on the provided link and install the latest version of Movie Maker (given that you have the requirements to run Movie Maker 2012) or Movie Maker 2011 if you did not meet the system requirements.

Let us know the results afterwards.

Thank you.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.