Lost my transitions pane in movie maker

Question Summary
Other Windows Live Movie Maker issues
Which version of Windows Live Movie Maker are you using ?
Version 2011 (15.4.3538.513)
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7

Additional Details

I have been working on a video, did a lot of work, added one transition. I didn't like the transition later, so I went up to the top left pane under EDIT where the transitions used to be and they are gone. The animations are partially there, but just a few of them, not like default. On the far left side where the transition pane should start is just a little square with a drop down arrow on it, but no content, just some etcetera dots like ...

If I kill the program and reopen it, everything that comes default is loaded up top. But as soon as I load my work file, the panel comes back all screwed up. I need to know if there is a way to reset the panels to default while working on a file.

I have seen posts regarding transitions, but none of them pertain to my problem, they all seem to have to do with .dlls or other things that are not what my problem is.
Answer
Answer
Hello Madwand,

It seems we are having trouble with the interface on your Movie Maker. The Transitions toolbar should always be on the Animations tab. If you are having issues viewing this toolbar, please save your project and then run a repair for Movie Maker. Follow the steps below:

Repair Windows Live Products

1. Go to Control Panel>Programs.
2. Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program
3. Locate Windows Live Essentials 2011, right-click and select Uninstall/Change
4. Select and click Repair all Windows Live programs.
5. In case you are prompted to restart your system. Select Restart Now.

Should the issue persist, feel free to reply on this post.

Best regards,

Eugene

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Make sure you are selecting a clip later in the timeline.  If you are picking the first clip, then you have a reduced set of choices (like fade in from black).  Remember transitions happen between clips so the first clip that will have a full set of choices is the second clip.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 8, 2020 Views 6,694 Applies to: