audio video out of sync in movie maker

I recently installed windows 8, downloaded Windows Media Center as instructed and I have the latest Windows Live Movie Maker.

I recorded TV Programs in Windows Media Center, and then imported them into Movie Maker for editing and saving (removing commercials).

About a week ago, I recorded two 1/2 hour programs, one right after the other. The first program I edited and saved in movie maker was fine. When I imported the second program into movie maker to edit it, the audio was out of sync with the video. It was delayed by about 1 to 2 seconds. Now, all my recorded videos are out of sync in movie maker. They play fine in Media Center, and Media Player, only when I try to edit them is the audio out of sync with the video. I started using Cyberlink's Powerdirector 10  to edit them, and it was working fine also, but now the audio and video is out of sync in that program as well.  Not sure what could have changed to cause the out of sync.

Any suggestions on what could be causing this, and how can I correct it.

thanks, Jim 

Question Info

Last updated July 15, 2019 Views 30,789 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

I have similar problem with few edited videos with Movie Maker which were recorded from WMC (Windows 8.1), but I discovered that the starting of "edited border" looks normal, but the sound gets out of sync about a couple minutes after until it reaches another "border".

Now I think I found a workaround which is under testing. The workaround is using "split" function even the part is not edited. In which the whole video will be divided to many small chunks even they're still contingent. I did this workaround on couple of videos (remake from source as long as it's not deleted) and I found some improvement (at least out of sync becomes much less noticeable).

91 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.