How do I get rid of outlook?

I checked my email today and instead of my normal hotmail page, up pops this horrible outlook page. On an email from the outlook team it said, "Thank you for upgrading to Outlook." I was not given an option to upgrade, and I wouldn't have done so. I clicked on the cog up top and clicked the tab that said "switch back to hotmail", and it did nothing. I repeated this over and over in the hopes that hotmail would return, but no. How can I permanently change to hotmail and not this outlook garbage? I am very dissatisfied and if this cannot be resolved, I'm going to google. I know I sound crazy but I don't appreciate it when things change without any warning.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can simply right click the tool gear next to you user  name and click the "revert back to Hotmail" and wait a bit.

If that doesnt work try this.

Note: The following steps will currently only work if your previous account was @Hotmail.com or @Live.com.

In your browser, navigate to https://account.live.com/ManageAssocIds

Sign in with your new @outlook.com account.  (if you are already signed in with your outlook.com account this step will not apply)

Under “Other email addresses” click the Remove link below your previous address.

Click the Remove button to confirm the message.

You should now see a message on the page stating, “You've removed an email address from your Microsoft account.”

Navigate to https://account.live.com/ChangeId.aspx in your browser.
    Verify that “Create a new email address” is selected.

In the New Microsoft account box, enter your previous address and select your previous domain (Hotmail.com or live.com).  

Note:  You must enter your previous address or the process will fail.
    Select the Save button.

Now you can use your original @hotmail.com or @live.com account to sign into your Microsoft services as you did before renaming to an Outlook.com account.

The @outlook.com address will now be an alias on your account from which you can still send and receive messages within Outlook or Hotmail.

Note: This applies to other domains as well, such as .jp, .kr, .es, .au, .ca etc.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-profile/i-renamed-my-microsoft-account-to-an-outlook-or-a/c929c421-8cba-45c9-85b6-5f0e2ce08b60

http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c929c421-8cba-45c9-85b6-5f0e2ce08b60

http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/c7a9e182-9a6e-4e5a-82e4-a557cd6c1015

http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/806676a2-ec0b-4fb9-bdfe-fc23c5596738

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

When I click on the tool gear, click "switch back to hotmail", it takes me to my hotmail profile page, but when I click "inbox" it takes me back to outlook.

I do not have an outlook.com address. When I click on "other email addresses" there is a prompt to add another since the only email address i have is my @live address.

I did not upgrade to outlook. I'm assuming outlook took it upon themselves to upgrade me to outlook.

Is it possible I misunderstood your directions?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI...

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-email/frequently-asked-questions-for-outlookcom/806676a2-ec0b-4fb9-bdfe-fc23c5596738

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You actually did correct steps to switch back to Hotmail interface. I wonder what happened. Did you try to do the process again to change it back to the old user interface? If so, what happened? Can you provide us the details? In the meantime, we request that you first re-do the switch back process and then secondly, sign out of your account immediately. Third, we request you to optimize your browser then lastly, sign in to the account using this link: https://mail.live.com.

Here are the steps to optimize your browser:

·         For Internet Explorer browser: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete

·         For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data

·         For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now

If your browser is not included on the instructions above, please refer to the link below for instructions on how to optimize your browser:

How to Clear Your Browser's Cache

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I need this answer too.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Are you also seeing the Outlook interface instead of Hotmail? If yes, then it may be possible that your account was automatically upgraded to Outlook and customers who were upgraded automatically to Outlook.com were notified in advance via email.

All Hotmail users will be upgraded to Outlook.com and plans were shared when Outlook.com preview was launched.  To ensure a smooth transition for all Hotmail customers, the upgrade will be gradual. This is the start of that upgrade process.

For more information, please read on the articles below:

When I log in, I am seeing Outlook.com instead of Hotmail

My account was automatically upgraded to Outlook.com: Frequently asked questions

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I HATE THEM!!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

how can i get rid of outlook in my hotmail , i do not and did not want it 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TrishLancaster,

As what previous moderators posted in this thread, there's no option to switchback to Hotmail if your account were automatically upgraded to Outlook.

Over time, Hotmail will be phased out and Outlook.com will be the free email service from Microsoft.

As part of this transition, we've removed the option to switch back to Hotmail.

Your patience is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Outlook service does not work well on the computers at the University and I can't seem to even open up messages. This never happened with hotmail. It's a bit of a pain to use especially when I felt comfortable using hotmail. Why isn't there the option to switch back?

If people don't like they might just switch to another emailing system. I know I will primarily because it was upgraded (or downgraded from view)… without my consent.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 687 Applies to: