Why won't Microsoft fix SmartScreen?????

People have been posting for a long time now that the smartscreen filter is marking stuff as unsafe even though it is safe, we have it in our safe senders lists, in our contacts, turned smartscreen off in IE, even though a lot of us aren't using IE.  NO MATTER WHAT SETTINGS WE CHANGE IT DOESNT FIX THE PROBLEM.  I have seen many posts by admin saying the problem has been escalated.....for months now....nothing fixed yet!!!! no new info!!!! just getting the SAME info from admin on what settings to change and stuff.  Even when one of us states clearly that doing what the admin tells us to it doesn't fix it, nothing is done.  Unfortunately this is just ANOTHER example of how Microsoft tries to pretend or ignore a problem.....just like with the xbox 360s scratching discs.  I do like windows, windows live, etc.......i just hate that Microsoft seems to not care about fixing things.  The smartscreen filter is junk!!!!  i have never had any security feature in any email program act like smartscreen does.....It is HIGHLY annoying and inconvenient.  

MICROSOFT - PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO FIX SMARTSCREEN!!!!  AT LEAST FIX IT SO WHEN THE SENDER IS IN THE SAFE LIST THAT IT STOPS TELLING US IT FAILED FRAUD TESTS.  OR GIVE AN OPTION IN OUTLOOK.COM FOR US TO COMPLETELY TURN IT OFF.  PLEASE!!!!

Microsoft, you are making a lot of your products nicer looking, and better in many ways, so I know you can fix this problem....

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please be informed that this issue is currently being investigated by our product group since it's emerging to some of the Hotmail users. We'll get back to you as soon as there's a new update coming from them. I also suggest that you post your feedback in this website https://feedback.live.com/?scrx=1.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have sent in feedback.  I hope to hear back from you with an update soon :)

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

This have been an issue for over a year for me with one of the addresses I work with on a daily basis.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Durangobirds,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. You can check this link about managing smartscreen filter to try to resolve the issue that you have been encountering.

Thank you.

Johan

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 115 Applies to: