I cannot verify my Outlook.com account to send more email.

I signed up for a new Outlook.com email account and it is limited in the number of emails that I can send to prevent spam (which is fine, I hate spam).  Ireceived a message to click on a link to "verify" my account.  Took me to a page where it said it would send me a SMS message - verification code - to my cell phone.  Type that code into the microsoft site and I am supposed to be verified.  The code never arrives.  I click sent it again and it replies, "I can't do that right now, try later".  It has been a week of trying.  I have removed my mobile phone as a device and re-added it and tried again.  Nothing.  This appears to be a big problem as there are many, many people online with this problem.  THanks. 

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2019 Views 58,470 Applies to:

Hi,

If you cannot verify your account using your mobile phone, didn't receive the code or your country is not supported. I suggest that you access your account regularly for you to build credibility. The system needs a few days to build your reputation. For a new user, a low sending quota is a temporary restriction and is upgraded to the maximum limit as soon as the user establishes credibility in the system.

You can also subscribe to a paid service like Microsoft Hotmail Plus if you want to increase your sending limit. To know more, please visit this link.

I've also created a private message tab where you can put your impacted email address so we can investigate on your account. Please click the notification states “You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private message” section or by clicking the “Private Messages” tab above the first post.

Thanks!

28 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you very much for replying.

It has been about a week since I set this account up.  I have been with my cable provider and am going to relocate which will cause me to lose the email address with them.  So, when Outlook.com was introduced, it was a perfect alternative that I could use for a long time with tight integration with cloud and the technology that MS is using.

I am an Exchange Server user with my business and most of my mail is business related - so a low quota on Outlook.com is not the end of the world, just frustrating if I was to desire to send a message to 20 friends.  This quota issue came to light when I sent out an email to all of my contacts (personal) advising them of the new address.  And most every address bounced due to the quota.

I am happy to do a phone conversation with someone to validate my credibility to show I am not a spammer.  Or even a phone validation that was used when I removed my mobile phone from the account before re-adding it.  Anything.  Just need to remove the quota so I can notify all of my contacts of my new address.

And lastly as a point of clarity, I am in the USA, and it prompts me for the verification code -- I just never get it.  I have it sent again and it gives me an error.  Given this is a private message, I am happy to post the mobile number I am using if anyone may be willing to validate me personally.

This issue is quite common.  I have read many posts online of folks who are having the same issue.  I look forward to the investigation of the account so we can resolve this.

BY the way, I played with Win8 this weekend.  Nice job.

Thanks,

Scott Hardy

(removed for privacy)

(removed for privacy)

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

New Microsoft email accounts have lower limits. These limits are assigned by the system. They're based on what we call account reputation which you can easily build up if you use your account regularly and by following our Code of Conduct. In the absence of SMS option, building up account reputation is the only avenue to have a larger number of contacts limit.

The code that was sent to you is not a verification code. It is only a reference number informing you that you've successfully validated your account thru SMS. If the verification window appears, just put the information you provided when you set up your Outlook.com account.

For additional help, it would be better if we address your concern on a one on one basis. This is to ensure your account's privacy. All you have to do is post your inquiry as a private support request. Here's how:

1. Go to this link

2. Select the error message that you are receiving and on the next page, fill out the needed information and click Submit.

By the way, I will now lock this thread.

Best regards.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.