Hotmail/Outlook storage capacity?

Hello I was trying to find my storage capacity and used space but I couldn't do it, I've updated to the new Outlook Interface. Thanks in advance.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category***

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2019 Views 23,170 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

The storage capacity of Hotmail/Outlook is the same.It is 5GB.

If you want to know more.Please check this link.

Thanks.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

The storage capacity of Hotmail/Outlook is the same.It is 5GB.

If you want to know more.Please check this link.

Thanks.

I'm not sure that I understand. The storage limit is 5GB but the Outlook sign up page as well as the link you provided state that Outlook.com accounts have virtually unlimited storage and will grow as your inbox grows.

I received the same email this morning indicating my inbox is growing too fast (I imported my Gmail) but Outlook does not provide

1) The ability to see how much storage I am using

2) Conflicting information regarding storage capacity

Can you please provide a clear answer. Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please be informed that the storage limit of 5G for both Outlook.com and Microsoft Hotmail is the initial storage capacity provided to every account user. They indicated the phrase "virtually unlimited storage" because the storage of your inbox will gradually increase depending on the user's need and account usage. You received the email notification about the fast growth of your inbox since you have imported your Gmail account to your OUtlook.com account. 

As for the ability to see how much storage space has been consumed already, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have this feature. If you like you can visit this link and make a suggestion about it. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about the look and features of Outlook.com, and for your suggestions of new features you think are important to add to the product.

Thanks.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have the same problem: imported my Gmail account to Outlook.com and now can get any additional mail to Outlook.com.

Could you comment how long does it take to get mailbox to be increased?

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello ValeriStefanovitsh,

As what Filamer S. said, your Inbox capacity will increase depending on user's need and account usage. I would suggest that you access your Inbox as frequestly as possible so that your reputation with the system will increase and you will be able to enjoy more storage capacity for your Inbox as well as your daily sending limits.

You can opt to upgrade to Hotmail Plus if you want your email storage to increase right away to 10GB. You can visit this link for additional information.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I think what most of us are worried about is whether or not we are going to go over whatever our limit might currently be, and thereby have you either start bouncing stuff or else start deleting older emails. What you appear to be saying is that there is no way of knowing how much you're using any more, and there is no way of knowing how close you might be to your storage capacity, or even what your storage capacity might be. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ParrotSlave,

We understand your frustration regarding to this concern. The option in viewing the mailbox storage limit in Outlook.com is currently not available. Your message is extremely important to us; we will let our Microsoft Team know your feature request. They consider all customer comments and inquiries in the future releases of Microsoft Services.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about the look and features of Outlook and for your suggestions of new features you think are important to add to the product.

If you have any comments of feedback about Outlook storage limit option you may post your concern here in this link.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi ParrotSlave,

We understand your frustration regarding to this concern. The option in viewing the mailbox storage limit in Outlook.com is currently not available. Your message is extremely important to us; we will let our Microsoft Team know your feature request. They consider all customer comments and inquiries in the future releases of Microsoft Services.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about the look and features of Outlook and for your suggestions of new features you think are important to add to the product.

If you have any comments of feedback about Outlook storage limit option you may post your concern here in this link.

Thank you.

This is really frustrating.

I have followed the link and posted this message:

"I shall not tell Microsoft what my current (dis)satisfaction level is, nor what my capacity for being (dis)satisfied.  Notice, if too many "features" are forced too quickly, you may temporarily exceed my capacity for dissatisfaction.  To fix this, please go through your change history and rollback the software until my satisfaction improves."

I hope this gets fixed soon as I am starting to get emails from spammers telling me my usage limit is has exceeded the limit, and without being able to easily access my actual information, I was tempted to respond.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ardelyn,

in response to your answer,

does this mean that I can store mails for 10 yrs or so, because I created this hotmail account in (probably 1996) and since then I have been using this.

I am afraid some of the mails are not seen in my mail box,

can you please explain / provide us with link so as to know these...

regards

repath.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is nothing in any of Microsoft's legalese stuff that states that there is any kind of time limit on storage. Assuming that you do not go over whatever their limit might be, which we still don't know what it is, then they're not supposed to start kicking out all your old email. But it appears that they do so accidentally. All mine disappeared also.

Until a year or so ago, I had emails stored on their servers from prior to 2004, and only on rare occasion would I have need to look back on something that old. So I wasn't paying attention to whether or not or even how well they were being stored. I did have an occasion to look for something very old, and when I did, I discovered that all the emails prior to a certain date in 2004 had, somehow, turned into "drafts." Emails that I had sent and had received were all now "drafts." Even though there is no conceivable way that I could have done that from my computer--I could have clicked "forward" or "reply" and saved THAT as a draft, but there's no way to transmute a received email into a "draft"--their "support" here wanted to troubleshoot my computer, and insisted on me running something called Fiddler Cap. They also insisted on wanting to know when the issue first occurred: obviously, they did not understand the premise of the question, since I have no idea when it started happening, because I rarely go back that far. They did admit, eventually, that they were having some kind of "issue" on their servers at the time.

But wait, it gets worse: after turning into drafts, all those emails then disappeared. Vanished. Poof. Nada. And, as you might expect, there was no offer to try and retrieve them, although obviously they must have backups somewhere. I'm thinking about asking the NSA to see if they can retrieve their copies of my old emails, since they apparently are archiving everybody's. So if all your old stuff has disappeared, it might be the same thing that happened to me. And I'm a paying customer: this is not a free hotmail account, it's an msn.com account that I pay for in order to keep the email address after I switched to a different ISP (you may recall that, a long time ago, Microsoft also provided internet access.) If all your old emails have disappeared, try to see if the National Security Agency can provide you with their backup copies.☺

Sorry this didn't help.