I'm Unable To Open Attachments That Were Sent To Me:
We have identified an issue with an older version of IE9 that changes the way it deals with file downloads. If you are in this situation, please perform the following:
I'm Unable To Send Attachments When I'm Writing an Email:
If the Attach button is not functioning when clicked, there is likely a conflicting Silverlight issue in your browser. Please try the following steps to resolve your issue:
- From within the browser that has the problem, go to http://microsoft.com/getsilverlight. That page will detect whether you have Silverlight installed, and which version it is.
- If that page says that your Silverlight is below 5.1.2, then please follow the instructions on that page to update your Silverlight.
- If your Silverlight is already up to date and something is still not working, then please disable/uninstall Silverlight from your browser. This can be found through "Manage Add-ons" in the top-right gear menu of IE, or through "Add-Ons > Plugins" in the top-left menu of Firefox, or by typing chrome://plugins/ into your Chrome address bar.
- Please clear your browser's cookies and cache. This can be done by following these instructions in IE, or by holding the keys Ctrl+Shift+Delete in Firefox, or by typing chrome://history into your Chrome address bar.
- If all of the above fails, please try using your browser's "Private Browsing" mode. This can be found by clicking "Safety > InPrivate Browsing" from the gear menu in IE, or by clicking "Start Private Browsing" in the Firefox menu, or by hitting Ctrl+Shift+N in Chrome.
We apologize for this inconvenience and assure you that we're working on a permanent solution.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***