Hi, my hotmail account was changed to outlook yesterday without my permission or notification, does anyone know how I can change it back?

Hi, my hotmail account was changed to outlook yesterday without my permission or notification, does anyone know how I can change it back? 
I cannot see any option to change ot back or to even contact outlook.
Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2018 Views 3,541 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hey Microsoft,

Have you ever heard of the phrase: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it?" Or, more to the point: DO YOU REMEMBER "New Coke" and the fiasco Coca-Cola went thru to ADMIT ITS MISTAKE, remove it from the market and REBRAND IT AS "COKE CLASSIC?" all because it was so detested? Or were the brainiacs behind this "HOTMAIL BAD - OUTLOOK GOOD" conversion still in diapers when that happened? THOSE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT applies equally in the CONSUMER WORLD as it does in the POLITICAL SPECTRUM.

It's not GOOD ENOUGH that "Microsoft sent at least TWO emails explaining this change...blah, blah, blah. So HOW DARE YOU UNDERLINGS BE CONFUSED? THE GREAT OZ HAS SPOKEN!!"

That is SO ELITIST. Give us all a break. It may be a free email service, but we have been an OPEN BOOK to your millions of advertisers FOR 10-15 YEARS and made you what you are, so you have gotten a HUGE RETURN on your investment in us....now, we're just yesterday's garbage.

Why can't you offer a HOTMAIL CLASSIC for your EXTREMELY LOYAL CLIENT BASE, which would include those of us (most over age 40) who just want AND ONLY NEED simple email features? Surely there is room in the VAST CLOUD for us too. To coin your own phrase, this would "give us the best experience" as we intertwine our daily lives with all of cyberspace.

I could CARE LESS ONE BIT about Skype and IM and "seeing what my friends on Facebook are doing in real time." I'm too busy actually LIVING to waste time PRETENDING I should have my own Realty TV show IF ONLY Hollywood would "discover" how clever I am and how cute my dogs look in Halloween costumes.

I am one of the 6 Billion People on Planet Earth who has CHOSEN not to have a FACEBOOK account. The world does not need to keep track of every time I floss my teeth or have insomnia. (Note to young FB users about to go on Spring Break: That includes current and future employers, thank you very much.)

I am simply NOT INTERESTED nor do I have the TIME to keep RELEARNING THIS CRAPOLA.

SIMPLE, BASIC, ONE-STEP EMAIL: Compose, Click send. Wait for friend to reply. REPEAT.

SERIOUSLY CONSIDER MY PROPOSAL FOR "HOTMAIL CLASSIC." I'll even let Microsoft take credit for that very clever name, with apologies to Coca-Cola. (Gee, maybe I should be on FACEBOOK. Hollywood's calling my name.)  THE VAST MAJORITY OF YOUR SUBSCRIBERS WILL REWARD YOU FOR IT. Or, continue down the same path unabated and ALIENATE everyone with your superiority complex. Or is it an inferiority complex because you're not APPLE? Maybe we've stuck with you, Microsoft, because you're not Apple. Have you considered that possibility? Your Choice...

Sincerely, A very LOYAL and EXASPERATED CUSTOMER. : 0 )  *Smiley face created w/out need for animation, sound file, photo or video enhancement, and yet you still understand its universal symbolism. Huh. Go figure.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Microsoft has sent at least 2 emails to every single Hotmail account explaining when and why this change has taken place..  That conversion is taking place and there is no option to revert back to the Hotmail format.

We would be happy to help with any specific issues you are having.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.