Question

Q: .Net 3.5 install on windows 8.1 error 800736cc This thread is locked from future replies

Hi,

I recently updated my Win 8 Pro 64bit to 8.1 Since then when I open windows live mail 2011 I get this message that a component is missing, .Net 3.5 so download it and install it but I get an error 800736CC. sure enough Windows Live Mail does not work properl anymore, cannot send/reply/forward. I can receive and view email, but nothing more than that.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Hi Adrian,

Windows live mail 2011 is not compatible with Windows 8.1. You can install Windows live mail 2011 in compatible mode for Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=29224

Note: Windows live mail 2012 is available for Windows 8 and above. I would suggest you to download from the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/windows-essentials-2012-system-requirements

Do get back and let us know the status of the issue, I will be glad to help you further. We, at Microsoft strive towards excellence.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your reply. Windows Live Mail 2011 worked perfectly in Windows 8, no problems, and suddenly it is not working with Windows 8.1? Why is .Net 3.5 required and what is that error, because this is the problem that is preventing WLM working properly? Is .Net 3.5 not compatible with win 8.1?

In other hand I can try install WLessentials 2012, but would that mean that I will loose all my emails? because that is really baaaad ... Can I install it as an upgrade to WL 2012 so I can keep everything the same?

Please advise

Thank you,

Adrian

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Vijay

Tried to install WLM 2012 but it pops the .Net 3.5 install window and when I try to install it gives me the same error message 800736CC so cannot install it.

What should I do?

Thank you,

Adrian

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Adrin,

We're sorry for the delay in answering your inquiry. Since you are using Windows Mail, please save them on a safe folder as you will delete folders that is included within Windows Essentials. To know how to import and export e-mails, please check this link.

Afterwards, you can follow the steps below:

1. Perform Windows Update
2. Uninstall Essentials by following the steps within this 
link.

3. Delete the following files for a clean installation:

For 32 bit

C:\Program Files\Windows Live

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Windows Live

For 64 bit

C:\Program Files(x86)\Windows Live

C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Windows Live

4. Disable firewall (Note that disabling the firewall makes your computer prone to virus attack. We suggest that you only visit the websites below and enable your firewall after installation is done).

5. Reset browser to factory settings.

6. Reinstall Windows Essentials:

Windows Essentials 2012 (for Windows 7 and Windows 8)

Let us know the results afterwards.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

HI,

Thank you for your reply, but it seems that you did not read my message, I did that and when trying to install wl 2012 it tries to install .Net 3.5 and it comes up with error 800736CC:

a component's files does not match verification information present in the components manifest."

tried to enable the .net 3,5 from control panel same error , from dism command same error, it seems that it uses win 8 files and not the win 8.1 files, but there is no way to get the win 8.1 files or iso. Actually tried to download the iso win 8.1 but it gets stuck at 86%, tried for about 12 times.

It seems that Microsoft did not take the time to test things properly!

Thank you

Adrian

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Adrian,

Thank you for posting back. Windows Essentials needs .NET Framework 3.5 enabled to run. Since you've upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, it should be installed but disabled. We would like to verify if you followed the steps on the link below on how to enable it:

Installing the .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows 8 or 8.1

If not, we suggest that you follow the instructions on the link above.

If yes, we request that you run .NET Framework Repair Tool. You may notice that Windows 8.1 was not listed on the System Requirements but the repair will work in Windows 8.1.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Helene,

thank you for your reply. Tried all that you suggested, nothing changed I get the exact same error 800736CC file does not match the manifest, it seems like the win 8 files are stuck and win 8.1 did not update properly.

please advise

thank you

Adrian

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please refer to the private message I created.

Make sure you are signed in to view the message and notify us by replying to this thread.

Thank you

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for replying in the private message area and we apologize for the delayed response. Since you confirmed that you get the error code (800736CC) when trying to enable .NET Framework 3.5, we request you to create a new thread in the Windows 8.1 forum by going here for further assistance about this issue.

Once the issue regarding .NET Framework has been resolved but still you're unable to install Windows Live Mail 2012, then please get back to us so that we can continue with our support on this.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,864 Last updated: March 19, 2018 Applies to: