How do I uninstall,then reinstall Windows Live Mail without losing my Contacts or my current email folders?

I'll need very detailed, step by step, instructions on how to uninstall Windows Live Mail without losing any of my current information in my contacts or current email folders. 

I think it was very irresponsible for Microsoft to include Windows Live Mail with Windows if they were not going to support the program.

Ruth

Well, I didn't get any help from Microsoft or the Microsoft Community, but I corrected the problem.  I went to the Control Panel, pull up Programs, clicked on Window Essentials, and clicked the option to uninstall or change the program.  Then I selected the option to REPAIR all of the Windows Essentials parts.

Now my email operates like it's supposed to, by allowing messages from all of my contacts, and anyone I had placed in my Approved Senders list.

Ruth

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm sorry to report that the windows live mail is still downloading thousands of fake emails after I did the repair.    As you stated earlier, why is there no support for Windows live mail other than set up tips?      

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I deleted the wrong post of mine earlier.  I have been trying to find help to my windows live mail problems.  Two weeks ago the program started going haywire.  After downloading real emails to the tune of 20 or under it continues to download thousands of fake emails/they are no where to be found on my laptop.  The first time this happened it downloaded real emails and then continues downloading 389 past emails going back to December 2013.  After spending MUCH time deleting them I found on a forum to go to tools and stop live mail from saving emails to computer.  So that stopped but not the fake emails.  Do you know how to stop them?  Thank you.       

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Ruth,

I had an error problem with windows live that wouldn't go away. I was hoping not to do a complete re-install. I'd forgotten about the 'repair ' option in the programs site. It has worked so far !

Have a nice day.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

2011 livemail keeps downloading deleted mail and I cannot empty this DELETED folder ALSO emails that have previously been deleted are being sent back to INBOX and most of them don't have content!!!! Bloody annoying!!! Tried the all so famous "repair" and nothing changed! So can I uninstall the problematic program and reinstall without losing folders and contacts.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you only have one email account setup in Windows Live Mail?

Is the account setup using pop3 protocol?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not original poster. However I too may be faced with uninstalling and reinstalling and would want to keep all contacts and folders.

Thank You for "reminder" about "Repair" option. My account is pop3. I only have one (1) WLM E-Mail account.

Recently the option to "Block senders" has stopped working as this option is "shaded out". I have tried "repair option". It may have fixed ??  I will not know until need arises to Block Sender, However it would be helpful to know how to uninstall / Re-Install without losing Contacts / Folders.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 14,724 Applies to: