Error 3204 0x8DE20003, cannot send or receive.

I am getting Error 3204 0x8DE20003, cannot send or receive. This seems to be a very common issue, yet no publically available solutions, meaning some backend server settings, so a post stating that you need to contact support and ask your own question to get it fixed would be helpful for people looking for a resolution.

At any rate...Have been having this issue consistently for at least 2 days now.  The try again later thing gets old after awhile. Have Live Mail 2012,

Windows 7 64-bit.  Can log in via outlook.com to send/receive, but cannot do from live mail.

Have exited live mail, renamed the App Data\Local\Microsoft\Live Mail to Backu.LiveMail, restarted Live Mail, and reset up my account, and get the same error, over and over:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (jjraney) account.

Server Error: 3204
Server: 'https://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003

After the issue is fixed, what are the chances of it happening again?

Hi JohnRaney,

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

In order for us to make some necessary adjustments on your email account, we would like to ask the affected email account in a private message I created.

Note: Please sign-in to this website in order to see the Private Message tab where you can provide the email account. We also need you to reply back to this post if you already provided the information on the private data area. This will help facilitate our actions regarding your issue.

Thank you,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi John Raney: Any luck yet on 0x8DE20003 Can't send or receive via Live mail? I have done almost everything you have and still NO LUCK AT ALL, no useful help. I have probably seen most of the same postings you have (even up to yesterday on the same error number!) and the same referrals! I wonder why this issue doesn't get the help they need like you suggested? All I can think of is that it is a personal issue with them, like they have to go in and "adjust" your (our) particular account. I believe mine happened when I tried to send too many photos in a Photo Album, simply because my account is too young (2 months) and they shut it down ("spammers protection"). Now I can't reach them here since I don't know how to get them to notify me through another account without posting my other address. Oh, well, that's just my end of it. Good Luck to you! (...and yes, WILL it STAY fixed??)
Terry Powell

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Terry,

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. To avoid confusion, since this issue is account specific, please refer to your previous post as the attending moderator there already asked for your affected email address. To view your previous post, please click here and provide the information being asked.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hello, i have been getting 3204 0x8de20003 errors for two days now, can you send me the private message link so i can send you my account info so you can "adjust" my account?

thank you for your time,

Bret

Hi JohnRaney,

We apologize for the inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

In order for us to make some necessary adjustments on your email account, we would like to ask the affected email account in a private message I created.

Note: Please sign-in to this website in order to see the Private Message tab where you can provide the email account. We also need you to reply back to this post if you already provided the information on the private data area. This will help facilitate our actions regarding your issue.

Thank you,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thanks for participating on this thread. I understand that you are receiving an error 0x8DE20003 in Windows Live Mail. Let's try to isolate if the issue was caused by misconfiguration. Try reconfiguring the account by following the steps here on how to remove and re-add again the account. You can also try the troubleshooting steps here.

Also, I would like to clarify if there are any protection software installed in your computer that would act as a firewall. I would like you to check the account if it was suspended or has sending limits.

Furthermore, In case the issue still persists, kindly visit my message in the private message area regarding the information we need for investigation. Access it by signing in to Microsoft Community and hit Private Messages link in line with All Replies.

Regards,

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi bite_you_not_me,

Thanks for providing us the account. I made some adjustments on your account. Kindly check if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

nope, same problem. i recreated a new account, same address etc, sent a message to myself and:

To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services.

Subject 'test'
Server Error: 3204
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE20003

i have since deleted my old account, recreated a new account, i had reinstalled live mail, i have fixed live mail(essentials), i have reset my internet options (advanced) back to defaults, and now it sits on windows live mail is synchronizing, (15 mins, no messages yet) and when i do send receive it gives the same error 3204 0x8de20003.
my gmail and yahoo accounts work fine.
in the recent past i have changed my microsoft login passwords, it seems like windows live mail is having more and more troubles, i am not able to use the internet all the time (i live in the countryside, south of france) and need to store my messages on my computer for reference.
i have been in onsite repair and troubleshooting for 25 years, a hotmail user since shortly
  after it came out.
sorry, i am using windows 8, 64 bit.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i am using windows 8, 64 bit.

See this recent KB article:
Windows Live Mail Error: 0x8DE20003 or Server Error: 3204 accessing Outlook.com

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 192 Applies to: