Windows Live Mail Sign In

How do I stop the windows live mail sign in box from appearing every time I open the program. It is defaulting to a hotmail program that I rarely use . This just began when the program self updated to the new Outlook, also I have never used Outlook so it is not defaulting from another location.

Question Info

Last updated September 20, 2018 Views 40,630 Applies to:

Hi Tom89074,

I apologize for the delay in responding to you.

Please be informed that the Windows Live Mail sign in page is there so that users like you can access and sign in to a particular account configured on the said application.

In line with this, can you please explain to us what you meant by " It is defaulting to a hotmail program that I rarely use."? What exactly are you referring to?

Based from your post as well, the issue started only when the program self-updated to the new Outlook. When you said program, are you referring to Live Mail or your Hotmail account? Can you also clarify

what Outlook are you referring here?

Thank you.

30 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have and use another E mail address that I have added to the Windows Mail Account (for years now) with the proper Incoming and Outgoing server information. So previously when I would open Windows Mail via my desktop icon or in the Start Menu from the Microsoft Medallion that particular mail account would open as the default account, no sign in necessary open.
I have an attachment of the sign in screen I am referring to, but was unable to find a way to attach it to this e mail. I am trying to stop the windows mail sign in screen from opening.
Thank you, for your review
Tom

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

If you want Windows Live Mail to open automatically without having to type in your email address and password, then I suggest you tick the checkbox for "Remember me and sign me in automatically". You don't have to click on "Sign out of Windows Live Mail" if you want to close this mail client.

Thank you.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a new computer.  The computer shop that loaded it up is the one that contacted you.  Here is the problem they had, and myself as well.

My wife has a live email account and when she tries to sign in at windows live sign in it takes her to my Hotmail account.  Her email us under *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Please help me as I bought this computer for her and about all she uses it for is email.

Thanks,  Tom Deckelmen

205-640-6839

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.