Windows Live Mail Log In Problems

I have windows live mail and have been using it for a couple of years .  Up until a few days ago, I simply click the mail icon on the task bar and mail automatically opened and received. No log in screen appreared which was great.

Just a couple of day ago, I started getting a log in screen when I clicked the mail icon on the task bar.  In addition, I am having to click ok on the log in screen over and over before mail opens up.  What is the problems here?  No changes were made before I started experiencing this problem.

Thanks for any help.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2019 Views 16,629 Applies to:
Answer
I have been having the same issue for a couple of weeks and I believe I've found the issue.  It has to do with Live Mail's 2 step verification.  I turned it off and the issue was corrected immediately.

Go to www.live.com and sign into the account with issues.
Click the gear in the upper right corner and select 'More mail settings' from the drop down menu.
Under Managing Your Account click 'Account Details'.
Click 'Security Info' from the left menu bar.
Turn off 2 step verification.

This fixed my issue.  Not sure if there is a fix to have 2 step and use the Live Mail program.  I'm just happy I can receive my emails again.

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hello EJC105,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forum. I understand that you're having issues on a prompt that you need to login for you to use Windows Live Mail. I will be assisting you on your inquiry.

It is possible that this issue happens because of an error on the synchronization within your Microsoft account and Live Mail. Please try to remove and re-configure your account by following the steps within this link. Afterwards, try to open the program again and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know the results afterwards.

Thank you.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.