Windows live mail hangs on startup with Zone_MailChk ERROR: (asynconn.cpp:562), failed with 0x800CCC0A

Hi,

My Windows Live Mail hangs on startup intermittently with the busy cursor. Looking at the Windows Live Mail log file I see the following error several times.

*********************************************************************************
* Log opened: 2012-11-28T22:34:29Z
* Windows Live Mail 15.4.3555.0308
*********************************************************************************

[09:28:37.50] 1370                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (asynconn.cpp:562), failed with 0x800CCC0A 
[09:28:37.50] 1370                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (asynconn.cpp:562), failed with 0x800CCC0A 

My only workaround to this problem is to kill the application using task manager and logoff windows and retry. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix?

Thanks in advance,

Jabba

|

Hi Jabba,

With regard to your issue, I suggest you to removed and reconfigure your account you may refer to the article below for the detailed steps.

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Vivien,

Thanks for your response. After posting this message I tried repairing my Windows Live Mail under control panel \ programs \ programs and features. I selected Windows Live Mail and choose the repair option which worked fine and fixed my problem.

Regards,

Jabba

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Vivien,

Just to advise that the same problem happened again this evening after the repair. The problem has always been intermittent. I have tried removing and reimporting my email accounts (I have two). This "appears" to be working however like before will need to be monitored over a couple of days.

Out fo interest can you please confirm what the error message in the log file means and whether reimporting the account is a general or specific fix for this problem?

Thanks,

Jabba

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please try to disable your computer's security software/firewall to isolate the issue. Kindly refer to this link: How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

If issue persists, I created a private message wherein you will provide some information I needed in order for me to investigate your issue.

Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message.

Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your help.

FYI. I am using Norton 360. Will try temporarily disabling the firewall for 15 mins next time I experience a hang in Windows Live Mail on startup. Its intermittent so can take a day or two to catch.

Will keep you posted.

Jabba

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Dissabling norton did not fix the problem.

Any other ideas?

Jabba

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Please refer to the private message.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Vivien,

I have a similar problem with my windows live mail.

All sub-folders are disappeared this morning when I opened windows live mail.

I just installed an update version of 360 security software last day, not sure if it's the issue.

I checked windowslivemail.org it has sth. in below:

Would you please suggest if I was attacked by some virus ?

How can I fix it?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

windowslivemail.org:

===========================================================

* Log opened: 2013-09-20T06:03:20Z
* Windows Live Mail 15.4.3555.0308
s mail\Storage Folders\
[13:45:32.96] 1f60                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk [tx] Moving an orphaned file to recovered items: D:\windows mail\Storage Folders\
[13:45:33.37] 1f60                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk [tx] Moving an orphaned file to recovered items: D:\windows mail\Storage Folders\
[13:45:34.03] 1f60                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk [tx] Moving an orphaned file to recovered items: D:\windows mail\Storage Folders\

[14:09:09.45] 08c0             Contacts:                Zone_Api Services::TerminateServices(901)@0x152E65B8: SERVICES :: Terminate
[14:09:09.45] 08c0             Contacts:                Zone_Api Services::TerminateServices(917)@0x152E65B8: SERVICES :: Terminate result=0x00000000
[14:09:09.45] 08c0             Contacts:                Zone_Api Services::DestroyPlatformResources(1197)@0x152E65B8: SERVICES :: DestroyPlatformResources
[14:09:09.45] 08c0             Contacts:                Zone_Api Services::DestroyPlatformResources(1205)@0x152E65B8: SERVICES :: DestroyPlatformResources result=0x00000000
[14:09:09.45] 08c0             Contacts:                Zone_Api Services::NotifyAllServicesStopped(1498)@0x152E65B8: SERVICES :: Notify all services stopped
[14:09:09.45] 08c0             Contacts:                Zone_Api Services::NotifyAllServicesStopped(1505)@0x152E65B8: SERVICES :: Notify all services stopped result=0x00000000
[14:09:09.45] 19c4             Contacts:                Zone_Api LivePlatform::Destroy(191)@0x152E6510: PLATFORM :: Fully Destroyed
[14:09:09.45] 19c4             Contacts:                Zone_Api LivePlatform::StaticDestroy(1156): PLATFORM :: Fully Shutdown
[14:09:09.45] 19b4             Contacts:                Zone_Api LivePlatform::Signout(590)@0x152E6510: PLATFORM :: SignOut (result=00000000)
* Log closed (normally) at 2013-09-20T06:09:17Z

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I'm happy to help you with your concern.

If you're currently having issues using Windows Live Mail on start up, please try to repair it by following these steps:

1. Press Windows + R, input AppWiz.cpl, click OK.

2. Select Windows Essentials 2012/Windows Live Essentials, click Uninstall/Change -or- Remove.

3. Click Repair all Windows Essentials Programs.

Also, please try to disable your anti-virus so we could determine if this is contributing to the issue.

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2021 Views 3,038 Applies to: