Windows live mail error Ox8E5E0247

I recently did a system image restore from a failing hard drive (750GB) to a new 1TB hard drive.  All programs and files were copied over successfully except for windows live mail. Now my email doesn't work.  It tries to load but I get a pop up message " Windows live mail could not be started.  Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (Ox8E5E0247).

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing live mail, doing a program uninstall cleanup from cmd line, deleting the calendar folder in C:\Users\.........\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail. deleting the whole Windows Live mail folder, changing my date and time settings, changing my calendar details in hotmail.  The only thing I haven't done is update my Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver because I went from a lower GB hard drive to a higher capacity hard drive as was suggested on a forum post. This is a new hard drive.  I checked and I believe the driver installed is the latest.

Question Info

Last updated October 6, 2018 Views 1,002 Applies to:
Answer

The only thing I haven't done is update my Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver  

That's probably what you have to do to solve the problem. The Windows Live Mail databases are not recognizing the large sector sizes on your new disk drive. This hotfix may help if you're running Windows7: An update that improves the compatibility of Windows 7 with Advanced Format Disks is available

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.