Stability Issues with the Windows Live Mail 2012 Update – KB3093594

We have received reports that the Windows Live Mail update- KB KB3093594, is causing stability issues for many of our customers running Windows Live Mail 2012.

Thank you for reporting this issue.

We have identified the root cause and are currently working on a fix that addresses the issue for impacted users on applicable platforms.

Please visit Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 or this thread for the latest updates.

***Update Dec 20th

Sorry for the delay in posting this update.

On Dec 17thwe rereleased the Windows Live Mail update KB3093594.  For users who had previously installed this update and were experiencing a crash when launching the Windows Live Mail app, please download and re-install KB3093594 and this issue should be resolved.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3093594

Some users have independently reported a separate issue with sync of mail with attachments that we continue to investigate.

Update 1 February 2016

(posted as Issues 3 under Known issues ... for KB3093594 rev. 6.0)

Some customers have reported other issues with the release on December 17, 2015. This update is no longer being offered while Microsoft investigates these issues further. Server interactions will remain supported during this investigation.

NB: links to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49486  will not work

Discussion Info

Last updated September 30, 2018 Views 5,960 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To avoid confusion & duplication of effort, please post any/all further follow-up in replies to your own, new thread => http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-osend/what-are-you-supposed-to-do-with-windows-live/5f9bf730-f05d-42ed-87a1-3cd034bd1136
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002
I have had the same problems as several of the users who posted here.  I am using Windows 7.  When first I installed the update my inbox would download and show new emails but would include emails I had previously read and deleted from Windows Live Mail.  Then I noticed all emails I sent would show as emails addressed to me in my sent emails folder, finally (and last) I could not download any new emails...so now I must log in to my email account online to access new emails on my hotmail account. 

zamorazeke,

Unbelievable isn't it? They send out updates that immediately cause the application to crash. You  can not find the update anywhere after you install it? You can't remove it. You have to uninstall and reinstall to get rid of thing that does not work?

Did you catch the post before yours from 12/18

The one from    PA Bear MS MVP  on Dec 17  telling me to post to my own thread to AVOID CONFUSION?

TomS

I have the same issue with my name showing in the "To" column since I installed the update on 12th December. The new version of the update released on 17th December has not made any difference.

I am running Windows 8.1 -- No email from my hotmail account is coming in.  I am getting my other pop3 email in windows Live Mail but not my hotmail emails.  I have to go to the Internet and go to outlook.com to see them and I hate that interface with a passion!

Please get this fixed and let us keep Windows Live Mail 2012 -- enough is enough....

Thank you

Kathy O.

Confusion?

Well I am running Windows 8.1 -- what no one has said is that I received an email from Microsoft.  It appears below:

Dear user,
In a few weeks, we will be making some changes to our email services that might impact your @outlook.com, @hotmail, @live, or @msn email account. Those changes will prevent your email from being delivered to the Windows Live Mail 2012 application you use.
In order to continue using Windows Live Mail 2012 to send and receive email for your account, you need to install the latest update published here.
If you use Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, we recommend that you switch to the built in Mail app in Windows to stay connected and get the latest feature updates on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10.
Windows Live Essentials 2009 and 2011 are not supported anymore, and you will need to update to Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 and use the Mail app, or use www.outlook.com. To learn more about the Mail app, please click here.
We also recommend all Windows Live Mail users on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 and use the built in Mail application to stay connected and get the latest feature updates.
We suggest saving this email so you can refer to it later.
Thanks for your understanding and continued use.
Sincerely,
The Outlook team
Microsoft respects your privacy. To learn more, please read our Privacy Statement.

Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

I wanted to keep windows live mail so I went to the first update option in the narrative above.And then that's when I stopped receiving emails from my hotmail account into Windows Live Mail 2012.

Perhaps you can now tell me if we are all talking about the same thing?

HELP!

KathyOls,

I got the same email as I posted earlier or in another discussion. I believe that is where this all starts for everyone. It caused my Windows Live mail to crash. I could not do anything with it. I looked at my INSTALLED UPDATES LIST after installing this update and could not find it. Also INSTALLED HISTORY I believe. So I could not remove it as I could not find it. This never happens. Installed updates are always listed in the INSTALLED UPDATES list.

So I uninstalled the whole Windows Live Essentials 2012 and reinstalled it. It seems like it is OK now although the OUTLOOK.COM (that is where the email came from) says that I will not be able to use Windows Live Mail After they make what ever changes they intent to make.

I went out and purchased a Chromebook the other day. Feed up with Microsoft.

Seems like they sabotage their own company doesn't it.

I am pretty much not installing any of the Microsoft updates that they send out except for the security updates. I am also hiding any updates that I can not verify.

This update from the OUTLOOK.COM team that I installed, I knew when I installed it that I should not of been installing it. My intuition was right.

I will never install another update.

TomS 

Affirmative, (yes) Kathy to your question.

In my understanding we all are talking about the same thing.  We were 'suckered' into installing this update so that we (thought we) could continue using Windows Live Mail 2012.

But it's been a week since the release, and almosta week since Microsoft should have been aware of this problem.

However, up to this point responses to this/these thread(s) are either next to non-existent or next to nonsensical, as far as I can ascertain.  (Is that looking at the glass half empty rather than half full?....Sorry).

Nevertheless, I am resolved to get back into, and focus on, the spirit of the Holidays despite the fact that my Windows Live Mail 2012 has been rendered dis-functional by (hopefully) well meaning Microsoft Live Mail techs.

I agree. What a mess! As usual.

Purchased a Chromebook.

Going to try GMAIL