Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Live Mail stopped working, "The program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

TerryDisher asked on

Original title: Live mail stopped working

I have Live Mail on Dell Inspiron all-in-one. Suddenly won't work and I get the message....

"The program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Just getting this far is an accomplishment for me.   I would appreciate some help to understand what has happened, and guidance on sorting it out.

Terry

5 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Alden D. replied on

Hi Terry,

I understand that you are getting an error "The program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Let me assist you.

A DLL is a library that contains code and data that can be used by more than one program at the same time. The WLDCore.dll is missing from your Windows Live Essentials installation the reason why you receive the error message. To resolve this, please un-install your Windows Live Essentials and install a new one.

To un-install Windows Live Essentials, please refer to the article below:

How do I uninstall one or more Windows Essentials programs?

To install Windows Live Essentials, please click here.

Once the installation is done, pull up your Windows Live Mail and add your email account. For the steps, please refer to the article below:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

For additional information, you may also want to visit this thread.

Thanks!

1 person found this helpful

Abuse history

progress