• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

• June 8, 2017
    Announcement: End of support for Windows Essentials forum on Microsoft Community
    As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials reached the end of support for the suite of client applications.  The Windows Essentials applications will continue to run on your Windows devices, however, Downloads are no longer available.  For more information, please refer to Essentials 2012 Release Notes

Effective July 2017, the Microsoft Community Windows Essentials forum will also reach end of support. Windows Essentials community participants are welcome to continue to use the forum to ask questions and post answers with each other. And, basic Microsoft moderation will continue to ensure participants can engage in a safe and positive environment. 

Thank you for using Windows Essentials applications and sharing your ideas in the forum.  We appreciate your passion and interest in the Windows Essentials

Question
  • This thread is locked from future replies

Live Mail stopped working, "The program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

TerryDisher asked on

Original title: Live mail stopped working

I have Live Mail on Dell Inspiron all-in-one. Suddenly won't work and I get the message....

"The program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Just getting this far is an accomplishment for me.   I would appreciate some help to understand what has happened, and guidance on sorting it out.

Terry

6 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Alden D. replied on

Hi Terry,

I understand that you are getting an error "The program can't start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." Let me assist you.

A DLL is a library that contains code and data that can be used by more than one program at the same time. The WLDCore.dll is missing from your Windows Live Essentials installation the reason why you receive the error message. To resolve this, please un-install your Windows Live Essentials and install a new one.

To un-install Windows Live Essentials, please refer to the article below:

How do I uninstall one or more Windows Essentials programs?

To install Windows Live Essentials, please click here.

Once the installation is done, pull up your Windows Live Mail and add your email account. For the steps, please refer to the article below:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

For additional information, you may also want to visit this thread.

Thanks!

2 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress