What happened to my Contact List? All my contacts disappeared after doing the last update. I can still get into the "People" page but there are no contacts there anymore?

I did an update a few days ago.  When I went to the "People" page in the Contact List I could get into the page, but the page erased all my contacts.  I can't even put in new or old contacts.  The only thing on the page is the 4 apps, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  I don't use any of those.  The page also has the 4 apps off to the left of the page and partically cut off.  I can't see anywhere that I can get the page to the other side where they were before.  Ever since the Contact List was changed to the "People" page things have gotten slower with the poor design of the "People" page.  I want my contacts back!
Answer
Answer
Hi,

Can you provide the update you did before you encounter the issue, this is to investigate the cause of your concern.

If you’ve accidently deleted or lost Hotmail or Messenger contacts, you can restore them on the Contacts page. Hotmail and Messenger share a contact list on Windows Live—when you restore your contacts, they’ll automatically be added to Hotmail and Messenger. (Note: You can't restore contacts deleted more than 30 days ago.)

To restore deleted contacts

1.     Go to the Sign in page and enter your Windows Live ID and password. (If you’re already signed in, you'll go directly to the Contacts page.)
2.     In the menu bar, click Manage, and then click Restore deleted contacts.
3.     Click Restore next to each contact that you want to be restored, or click Restore all if you want all your deleted contacts to be restored.

Note: If you added contacts from Facebook, Google, or other services, they won’t show up in the list of contacts to restore. You’ll need to import your contacts from each service before you can restore them to your contact list.

Thanks

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2020 Views 3,885 Applies to: