Windows Live Mail: My sent items are no longer saving.

My Windows Live Mail sent items folder isn't capturing all of my sent emails and even when it does, they are a day or two old. Need help ASAP! I've already made sure all the correct boxes are checked in my options screen.

Hi Desiree,

I apologize for the late reply.   I understand that it takes time that your sent emails show up on the sent folder.  To isolate the probable cause of your issue,  I would like to ask a few question to investigate the issue. Please reply with the answers to the following questions:

• Do you still access your account via web mail?  
  • Does the issue also occurs when using the web mail? If so, you may need to provide us your impacted account.

To make sure that the settings was properly configured on your email account, please check the settings by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your Hotmail account.
2. Click Options, located on the upper-right portion of the page.
3. Choose More options.
4. Under Writing email, click the Save sent messages link.
5. Choose the Save all sent messages in the Sent items folder radio button.
6. Click Save.

After you've setup the settings, please login to Windows Live Mail then check the settings if save sent messages options was enabled from your account, here are the steps:

1. Open your Windows Live Mail.
2. Press (ALT+F)
3. Choose Options.
4. Click Mail.
5. Click Send tab, check the box beside Save copy of sent messages in the "Sent Items" folder
6. Click Apply and then OK.

After doing so, please re-configure your Microsoft account in Windows Live Mail and inform us if the same issue persists.

Thanks!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This problem is very easy to fix if this is an IMAP mail folder.

You may notice that your drafts aren't saving either, in fact nothing is going into the folders from your computer when you produce a mail. You may find that mail produced from other devices appears, but not the mail from your windows 7 computer. You may also notice that your folders, Drafts, Junk E-mail, etc are not positioned at the left hand side of the list, but are in fact tabbed across a bit, right of the inbox. Is this so?

The Solution is simple:

1) Right Click on the account and open Properties

2) Go to the IMAP tab.

3) Enter "Inbox" into the Root folder path *AND HERE's THE TRICK: IT MUST BE "Inbox", not "inbox" the entry is case sensitive.

4) Press apply and let the folders reorganise themselves. They should now reload and all be on the left hand side.

Done. New sent items, drafts etc will now move to the correct folders.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2021 Views 1,611 Applies to: