Windows Live Mail does not show Storage Folders

I have Windows Live Mail on my old computer and has Storage Folders (very important to me).  Have upgraded to new computer with windows 8 pro but do not see Storage Folders when I sign to Windows Live Mail!  I am totally confused between Outlook; Hotmail; and Windows Live???  Help

John Berry

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hi JohnFBerry,

I am glad to assist you on how to view your Storage folder in Windows Live Mail using Windows 8 pro.

It is possible that your Storage folder is in hidden state that's why you cannot view it when signed in to Mail. To unhide Storage folder, follow the steps below:

1. Open Windows Live Mail.

2. On the menu bar, click View then click Storage folder.

The difference between Outlook, Hotmail and Windows Live are as follows:

1. When you said Outlook, are you referring to Outlook.com or Outlook email client? Outlook.com is a web based email produced by Microsoft in replace of Hotmail. This is a newly intergrated web based email that offers speed and simplicity to access your email, communicate with your friends, colleagues, and relatives. It also offers Skydrive where you can save your files online and new Office Web Apps. Outlook email client is a mail client where you can configure your account (Microsoft or non-Microsofy account). You can access emails even on offline mode.

2. Hotmail is the first web based email produced by Microsoft. Eventually all Hotmail users will be upgraded to Outlook.com. The launch of Outlook.com preview gave everyone an opportunity to learn together as we roll out and scale this new service. To ensure a smooth transition for all Hotmail customers, the upgrade will be gradual.

3. Windows Live Mail is an email client wherein you can also configure your account (Microsoft or non-Microsoft account). Just like Outlook email client, you can access your emails while offline and back-up your old emails without loosing data via online. If you are referring to Windows Live only, this is the previous name for Microsoft account.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2022 Views 560 Applies to: