Windows Live vs Windows Live Mail

I realize that as of 7/11, Windows Live is no longer effective on my Windows Vista system.  I understnad this and have since been using only Windows Live Mail.  This am, I attempted to create a new hotmail acct for my friend, but we couldn't get it to accept and just quit trying.  Now today, I cannot send any e mail because "you cannot configure Windows Mail to use a web based (HTTP) that is running Windows Vista."  Wha???  Did I somehow manage to get into Windows Live when I attemped to obtain a new hotmail acct for my friend?  Also, I also receive a message from Wizard about "Do u want to want to leave, you haven't  created your new account?  (probably not the exact wording).  In response, I have clicked yes and no and I still can't get out of this Windows Live.  I want to purge my system of this useless Windows Live and only use Windows Live Mail.  Can anyone help me do this?  (My couputer knowledge is at an elementary  level, so hopefully it won't be too difficult to understand.)  Thank you!!!      

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

To create a new hotmail account:

open Internet Explorer

Alt + F, New session

go to https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I am still bewildered....I did get to the website and entered.  It took me to my a page divided in half the first half was the new user, the 2nd half was my own sign in.  I tried 4 times to sigh in as a new user, but the site automatically placed my name in the windows live id box,even if I removed my name. Therefore i could not continue any further since I was not a new user.  

Regarding the other part of my originial question, why am I in Windows Live and not Windows Live Mail?  I tried to e mail a msm news article out to a friend and I can't because I'm stuck in Windows Live and Windows Live is no longer compatible with my system.  But if I send an e mail from my hotmail mail acct., it does go out successfully. 

Sorry this didn't help.

open Internet Explorer

Alt + F, New session

paste this link in the address bar https://signup.live.com/signup.aspx?lic=1

The right click menu on some Web pages includes Email with Windows Live.
Right clicking on Email with Windows Live on this page opens a new tab to a compose window with the page url in the message body and Windows Live vs Windows Live Mail - Microsoft Answers in the Subject line.

What do you mean that you are stuck in Windows Live?
Isn't Windows Live what you get when you sign in to your Hotmail account with your browser?

Sorry this didn't help.