Windows Live Mail: Error I.D. Ox80048821

Can't use windows live to send e-mails I get message that reads: Error I.D. Ox80048821.

I really would rather use hotmail that's my main mail, but whenever I try to send an attachment it goes to windows live

and the same message that's above appears. I either want to be able to use windows w/o problem or delete it & just use

hotmail. I would appreciate any help I can get with this, because I don't know what to do, with it. Thanks, Jean B. 11/16/12.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2018 Views 434 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi ajcmimi,

I would like to assist you to send and receive messages again in your Hotmail account.

This error normally occurs when there's an issue with the synchronization of your account in Windows Live Mail. It will help if you can provide us with your affected email address. This will allow us to investigate the issue in our end and provide an appropriate solution.

I have provided a private message area located above your post. You can post your email address there to ensure the security of your account.

Note: Please be informed that you need to login/signed in to this post forum for you to view the link.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

I have checked the error code you provided and found out that you are entering a wrong or invalid password.

If you are using a Hotmail account please log in to http://account.live.com and try to log in using your Microsoft account. If you are unsuccessful please reset your password via the link below:

Reset Password.

If you are using another email provider please log in into your email provider's web user interface. If you cannot sign contact your email provider for further assistance.

Once password has been reset try logging in into Windows Live mail again using the new password. If you have clicked sign me automatically you have to click forget me and sign inwith new credentials.

You also have to reconfigure you account with you new password. For instructions refer to the link below:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail

Please follow steps 1 and 2 of the link provided below:

How can I solve synchronization, send and receive email errors in Windows Live Mail?

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.