Windows Live 2011 Email - Problems Creating New Message / Replying to Message

I am using Windows Live Mail from Windows Essentials 2011. I am running Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.

When I click on the button to create a new email or to reply to an existing email, I am getting an error regarding 'WindowsLive.Writer.Localization'

This started last night when I received a notice from my by system tray that there was an update to WIndows Essentials 2011.  I installed the update, which

appears to be mainly to integrate with the social media (Facebook, etc).

I can receive email just fine, but I get the error when I am trying to open the window to create a message.

Here is the full text of the error:

Failed to initialize Shared Canvan: System.IO.FileNotFoundException:
Count not load file or assembly 'WindowsLive.Writer.Localization,
Version=15.4.3538.513, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The
system cannot find the specified file.
File name: 'WindowsLive.Writer.Localization,
Version=15.4.3538.513, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
at
WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.ApplicationEnvironment.Initialize(Assembly rootAssembly,
String installationDirectory, String settingsRootKeyName, String productName)
at
WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.ContentEditorFactory.Initialize(String registrySettingsPath,
IContentEditorLogger logger, IContentTarget contentTarget, ISettingsProvider settingsProvider)

WRN:Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associates with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at ContentEditorFactory.Initialize(String registrySettingsPath, IContentEditorLogger
logger, IContentTarget contentTarget, ISettingsProvider settingsProvider)

At the bottom of the dialog window, I have three options: Abort, Retry, Ignore. None of these make any difference to this issue.

Also, if it helps, the title of the dialog window is "Assestion Failed: Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue"

I have tried to unstall the Windows Essentials Writer (since that seems to be what is referenced in the error) and reinstall it.  Same error.

I have gone into the Programs section of the Control Panel and ran the tool to fix WIndows Essentials.  Same error.

I have also downloaded the Windows Essentials install file and installed it on top of the existing WIndows Essentials.  Same error.

Do you have any other suggestions on what might be causing this error and how to resolve it?

James

Answer
Answer

Hi,

You mentioned that you tried repairing Windows Live Essentials through Control Panel. Please try uninstalling the Windows Live Essentials Suite through the Control Panel and download the program here.

Let us know if this fix the issue.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2018 Views 2,331 Applies to: