Unable to send - error ID 0x800CCC67

Using Windows live mail I can receive emails but not send. The error ID is 0x800ccc67. Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2019 Views 19,358 Applies to:

Hi, Dave57_560,

Error messages when you send and receive in Outlook and Outlook Express

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514

Create a new profile and see if the issue persists

Fix a Corrupted Profile

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Troubleshoot and Resolve Error Code 0x800ccc67

http://www.computerquestionhelp.com/blogs/outlook/what-does-outlook-error-0x800CCC67-mean-and-how-can-i-fix-it.html

Pat
Independent Advisor

I work 40 hours a week to be this poor.- Anonymous

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please click on the error message to select it, then use right-click to copy it and Ctrl-V to paste it into a reply here. There can be no troubleshooting without seeing the entire error message.

Noel

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Sorry this didn't help.

Using Windows live mail I can receive emails but not send. The error ID is 0x800ccc67. Any ideas?

Dave57,  I don't know if this is the answer to your problem, but I had the same error code when trying to send e-mail via Windows Live mail.  What I did notice was that whilst I was typing the e-mail I had a message from my Microsoft Security Essentials to notify me that it had detected something attempting to

to infiltrate and that MSE would delete it.  After failing to send my e-mail I decided to look into the history section of my MSE and discovered that it had detected 2 files which had been installed during an Update

of JAVA just 2 days prior.   Once I removed these and uninstalled the offending files everything seemed to be ok.   The 2 files were shown on my MSE as :- 

"Exploit:JAVA.CVE-2012-0507CA"    &   "Exploit:JAVA/CVE-2012-0507.CG"  and Microsoft Security Essential listed both as Serious.

DER1TEND

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

The error code you're getting indicates either of the 2 causes below:

1. Incorrect POP settings (usually the SSL option for SMTP) - So please check with your provider if it is required or not.

2. Firewall blocking ports (usually port 25) – This could be a 3rd party Firewall, since Windows Firewall generally allows this port through, unless specifically told not to do so.

If the information above didn’t resolve your issue, I suggest that you re-configure your email account in Windows Live Mail. 

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail

Thanks!

7 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had same problem with outlook 2013. Then i uninstall avast antivirus free trial version. Problem solved. but another problem arise

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

One reason is from my own experience:

I just tried to send myself an exe ( executable) file and the email computers will kick it out in case I was sending a virus to someone. I then tried to compress and relabel the file but the email computer kicked it back again with the error code cited here.

This link will show some of the extensions that will cause an error code generation:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Blocked-attachments-in-Outlook-ac9af004-eb9f-45e2-9164-65b1b95b206d

Now I was using a gmail account so it may not matter what email pop you are using and I was trying to send myself a small program ( less than 1 MB ) used to test fake flash drives ( h2testw.exe) so I could access the program while I am on the road and want to avoid searching for a safe, download site.  Of course the work around is to send myself the web page link and not the file.

Sorry this didn't help.