Server Error: 3210 Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00006

I am getting the following error when trying to send email to certain contacts using WLM app:  

Server Error: 3210 
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x8DE00006.   

I have no problem emailing other contacts.

I have completely deleted the email folder, started up WLM and created a completely new mail folder.  I then configured my two email accounts, one gmail, one Hotmail,  and sync'd all the email down but still get the same problem.  

This problem only occurs with the Hotmail account using WLM application.  I am able to email the same contacts if emailing from Gmail. 

Another thing, if I logon to mail.live.com through the browser, I am able to email the contacts that I'm having problems with in WLM application.  

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2018 Views 556 Applies to:

Hello John12_55,

There is a possibility that your account is out of synced with the system. I would like to suggest that you re-configure your account so that it will re-establish its connection. Kindly visit the article below for additional information and for some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue on your account.

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

After doing the steps provided on the article, re-launch your Windows Live Mail to check if it is working the way it should again. If you will receive the same error again, kindly check the private message that I have for you. I would like to ask some information for us to continue the investigation on your account.

Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message.

Don't forget to sign in to Answers Forum to view the link.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Marites!

I went to the link you provided How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail? and checked the instructions:

1. Date and Time Settings on the computer are incorrect
  2. SL Security DLL libraries may not be properly registered
  3. Firewall or security software may be blocking Windows Live Mail or may be blocking a required port to send or receive mail
  4. Access is being blocked by your router or Wireless AP
  5. Incorrect entry in the hosts file

Date and time were correct, so i went to step 2. which required the following dlls to be re-registered:

1. Regsvr32 softpub.dll
  2. Regsvr32 wintrust.dll
  3. Regsvr32 initpki.dll (interestingly this dll isn't there)

I tried emailing a contact that hadn't worked before and it worked fine!!   

Problem fixed! 

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.