Recieving emails but not sending them, error 550, in Windows Live Mail 2012

Today I've come to set up Windows Live Mail 2012 so my dad can access his emails when he needs to, he has a supanet account. I've went through the steps: provided account details, server ports and connections, ticked that it needs authentication when sending and everything like that. It's loaded all his emails perfectly fine but when I'm testing the send function it keeps giving me:

The message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***', please contact your email service provider.

Subject 'test19'
Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 You need to authenticate when sending from ***.***.**.*** (IP address)
Server: 'smtp.supanet.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Can anyone help me fix this please

Question Info

Last updated August 27, 2019 Views 757 Applies to:

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to know that you are unable to send emails using Windows Live Mail 2012 and getting server error 550. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and I will be happy to assist you.

Please provide us the following information, to assist you further.

• Are you facing the same the issue when you try to send emails using Outlook web browser?

The following are the possible causes to this issue:

1. Incorrect POP settings (usually the SSL option for SMTP) – please check with your provider if it is required or not.

2. Firewall blocking ports (usually port 25) – could be 3rd party since Windows Firewall generally allows this port through.

Please try to repair your Windows Live Mail as primary troubleshooting:

1. Press Windows + R, input AppWiz.cpl, and click OK.
2. Select Windows Essentials 2012, then click Uninstall/Change.
3. Click Repair all Windows Live Programs.

Then, I suggest you to reconfigure your account, please refer to the article below: How to configure an account in Windows Live Mail

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

... ticked that it needs authentication when sending ...
Server Response: 550 You need to authenticate when sending from ***.***.**.*** (IP address)

Those two look contradictory ... Is he connected to the Internet via Supanet when this happens?

On the Servers tab of the account properties dialogue, what is the Email username? The default will be only the part of the email address before the '@' symbol, but most mail servers nowadays require the full email address. Change it if necessary, then click the Settings button and enter the email address and password there, too, just to be on the safe side.

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.