how to uninstall and reinstall windows live mail

i would like to know how to uninstall and reinstall windows live mail. i hope that i dont need to reinstall the whole windows 7 just to repair or reinstall windows live mail. is there a link to download windows live mail?

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2019 Views 52,769 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Before we uninstall, please back up your messages and contacts by following the steps provided on this link: How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail?

After you back-up your emails, contacts, and calendar, please visit: How do I uninstall one or more Essentials programs to remove components such as Windows Live Mail or the whole program of Windows Live Essentials.

We can now proceed to the clean removal of registry keys associated with the previous Live Mail installation. It is highly recommended that you know how to restore the registry just in case a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, please read this
article.

Then, please follow the steps below on how to do the clean removal process:

1. Open Registry Editor (Click the windows icon also known as the Start button, on the Start Search box, type regedit, and then press ENTER to open a Registry Editor window)
2. Click HKEY_CURRENT_USER, click SOFTWARE, and then click MICROSOFT. Right click Windows Live Mail and then press Delete to remove the registry key.
3. Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click SOFTWARE, and click MICROSOFT. Right click Windows Live Mail and then press Delete to delete the registry key.
4. Exit Registry Editor and then restart the computer.

Once you're done with the clean removal Windows Live Mail, you can now download and install the latest Windows Live Mail 2011 version through this
link and follow the instructions on how to add your account.

Thanks!

32 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.