how do I fix windows live mail error 0x800cc0f

*-original Title - how do I fix windows love mail error 0x800cc0f

how do I fix windows love mail error 0x800cc0f

Hi LinKav1967,

These are the possible causes why you are receiving the error message "0x800CCC0F":

1.    Incorrect POP settings (usually the SSL option for SMTP) – check with provider if it is required or not

2.    Firewall blocking ports (usually port 25) – could be 3rd party since Windows Firewall generally allows this port through, unless specifically told not to do so

I would advise you to reconfigure your account in Windows Live Mail. To do this, refer to this link

For firewall issue, you can try to disable the security software/ firewall to isolate the issue. You can refer to this link for more information.

Thanks,

Judith

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I got the very same problem. but I did find a solution Iwhich worked for me.

The solution:

On my email server I had enabled the spa option which Live Mail also supports, however in the properties for outgoing mail server the choice 'Use same settings as my incoming mail server' should have worked, however in Live Mail you can't use that is the mail server is setup for spa for both incoming and outgoing mails, so the solution was to reenter my credentials again also I selected the check box for 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication' and that was it.

The error status windows wasn't much help either because it told me that it was a logon error while trying to retrieve mails and not while trying to send mails so yes it did took me halv and hour to solve the problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 2,618 Applies to: