Question

Q: Unable to send with smtp.eastlink.ca, server response: Server Response: 550 5.1.0 invalid address This thread is locked from future replies

I recently downloaded Security Essentials . I can receive but cannot send emails from Windows Live mail. My ISP tells me it is a software problem. Can anyone explain and how to fix emails stuck in my outbox? I am using Windows 7.

Thank You

Fred

[Original title: Emails are stuck in Outbox using Windows Live Mail.]

Answer

A:

I deleted about 200 emails from my "sent" folder and the problem went away.

This must have been a coincidence. The number of messages in the Sent items folder will have no bearing on whether a message can be sent or not. If the folder is called "sent", it may be an IMAP folder, and an IMAP account may occasionally have problems moving messages to it.

This thread deals with a problem with an Eastlink account where the SMTP username had been incorrectly entered. There were a number of answers marked in the thread, none of which answers the original question. Once the error message had been posted, it became clear what the problem was and the solution was obvious. All of the other participants in this thread had different problems

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 22903 Last updated: January 31, 2018 Applies to: