Can't send e-mails on Windows Live

Have been using Windows Live mail with Windows 8 & 8.1 for a long time with no problem. All of a sudden it won't send e-mails from my netcarrier accounts but it will receive - no problem. It will send & receive from my Windstream account. I have made no changes to my system other than windows updates when the problem showed up. I have tried with & without SSL and ports 25 & 587 with no success. Don't know why the sudden problem.

Bob S.879

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2019 Views 191 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Firedog, many thanks for your efforts. I contacted my ISP and they said there was no problem on their end.  My e-mail provider claimed the same thing and I could send from their web-mail. l also tried another e-mail client, Thunderbird, with the same result. Out of frustration I took my laptop for a ride and tried some hotspots - all successful. I returned home and tried again  without any luck. Out of desperation, I reset the  home modem provided by my ISP and everything is working fine! It would seem that there was some "glitch" in the modem cleared by re-setting it. Thanks again for your help.

Bob S.879

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.