Can't configure Windows Live Mail upgraded to Outlook.com email- need outgoing server information

Hi - I just upgraded my Windows Live email address to Outlook.com. I am unable to configure it for my Windows Live Mail program on W7 as it asks me for the outgoing server information which I do not know. Any ideas how to configure the new Outlook.com email into Windows Live Mail? Thanks

Question Info

Last updated February 16, 2019 Views 21,244 Applies to:
Answer
Accessing former Hotmail account re-branded to Outlook.com using Windows Live Mail has several requirements.
1. Check/mark TLS in: Control Panel->Internet Options (or Windows Live Mail->Tools->Options->Connection->Internet Connection Settings->Change)->Advanced->Security->TLS should all be checked/marked.
2. Messages from the old Hotmail's 'Sent items', 'Deleted items', and 'Junk e-mail' folders still lingering in the Outlook.com account online should be moved to the new 'Sent', 'Deleted', and 'Junk' replacement folders respectively there, and the old 'Sent items', 'Deleted items', and 'Junk e-mail' folders in the Outlook.com account online should be deleted, because otherwise they will interfere.
3. Only now a new Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail should be created: Tools->Accounts...->Add->E-mail Account->fill in E-mail address, Password, Display Name; rather check 'Remember password'; UNCHECK 'Manually configure server settings for e-mail account'. 'My incoming mail server' should be configured automatically as an HTTP with URL http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync.aspx.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.