cannot forward emails with photos

Question Summary
Other Windows Live Mail issues
Please provide your impacted Email address :
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Did you receive an error code or message?
Yes
Please enter the error code or message you received
Windows Live mail
Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?
Version 2011 (15.4.3538.513)
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7

Additional Details
when I go and forward an email that I just recived that has photos in it it will not send the photos with the email...  A message comes up from Windows Live Mail...... one or more of the pictures in this message could not be found when you send these pictures will not be included. are you sure you want to send this message....this happens with all my emails that have been sent to me when I try to forward to others it will not send pictures with the forward email and I am using Windows Live Mail...

HELP Please

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Please make sure that you have the latest Windows updates installed and re-booted your computer after the update.

Get back to us for any results.

Thanks,

Windows Live Melanie V.
Rate this Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did as you asked I installed the updates one was for office service pak 3 and the other frame work or something like that and then I tried to forward an email that had pictures and graphics in it and it would not send the pictures....it is so bad now I can not forward anything that has a picture or graphic now that's bad..... I hope you can help me.... I was doing fine and then it hit where I could not forward anymore.... the only way I can send the pictures now is to save them to my computer and then resend... Lonnie      Hey I just went to yahoo mail because it goes through Yahoo first then down loads onto my computer in windows live mail 2011... well I forwarded an email from yahoo mail that will not work on my windows live mail and it worked... but why won't it work for windows live mail on my computer? Lonnie

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Lonnie,

To resolve this issue, please verify to us if you also have a Hotmail account added in your Live Mail, aside from yahoo and sbcglobal.net.

Another one, we need you to provide us with 2 copies of the messages (.eml files) with photos that you cannot forward. To do this, here are the steps:

1.Pull up your Live Mail.
2.Drag the email that you are having problem with to your Desktop.
3.Upload the email to the private data below.

Thanks,

Windows Live Merelyn U
Rate This Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do not have a Hotmail account.... I have SBCGLOBLAL which is now AT&T the phone company at the time SBC went through Yahoo well still does my mail is loaded on my computer though YAHOO Mail then to my mail box which is Windows Live 2011.... I have found that if I go to Yahoo Mail I can forward my emails with not a problem at all with pictures in the body of the email.... But I am not able to do it with windows live I heard that this is a problem with windows Live and they are working on it but have not fixed it as of yet? I am still unable to forward any email that I receive with pictures in it....if the jpg file is attached to the email then it will forward but if the file is not attached it will not.... now since I do not have a Hotmail account does that mean that you are not able to help me?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi helpjean,

Plese understand that you are limited to sending 1,000 photos or 500 megabytes (MB) of files per month. If you have reached your limit, you need to wait until the following month. You can continue to send photos as an attachment.

In addtion, here are the file formats that Windows Live Mail supports:

• bmp
  • dib
  • gif
  • jfif
  • jpe
  • jpeg
  • jpg
  • png
Thanks,
Windows Live Joseph B.
Rate this Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Joseph B.... I have no idea what on earth you are talking about and it has nothing to do with my problem...  I have not sent out any thing near that amount of emails with pictures... because it will not let me... you must have mixed me up with someone else... I said that I could not forward a email that I recived in the mail that has pictures in the body of the email not the files the pictures it will send the email with out the pictures in it... so the tex goes but not the pictures... so what does that have to do with a limit of how many I can send and have to wait until next month.... I am going nuts over this mess......

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi helpjean,

As additional troubleshooting steps, please make sure that you have the latest windows updates installed and please re-boot your computer after doing so. If this does not resolve your issue, please let us know.

Thanks,
Windows Live Tine M.
Rate this Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Tine M... Moderator.... from your advice that I just read it seems to me that you have not read my earlier reply's... what I have found in my research is that the problem that I am having is not mine but Windows live 2011 ... that is that I AM unable to forward a message that I just received that has pictures in the body of the email that does not have a jpg file attached to the email it's self... I have found that if I forward the same email from Yahoo mail account it can be sent... also if I forward the same email from "Windows mail" that also can be sent... now from another moderator if I drag the email to my desk top then open up a new message and then I drag the email in to that email it will be as an attachment and most people will get it fine however people who have Hotmail will not receive it they will get the text but not the pictures...go figure...it is amazing to me that I can receive it but I can not forward it directly from windows live mail 2011... What I want to do is uninstall "Windows Live Mail 2011" and put back on my computer" Windows Mail".. I do use Windows Live photo gallery and I love that... but I hope that you realize your problem and get it fixed.... I have found that the Moderator's are not informed as to what is really happening to us who use the program... or I have not been exposed to one yet...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi helpjean,

Error seems to be pointing at a non-Hotmail or non-Live email account configured with Windows Live Mail which attempts to send an email with pictures or photo albums.

When Windows Live Mail sends pictures and albums, it automatically generates a photo album in Windows Live SkyDrive which is another service/feature available to those who signed up an account with Windows Live. This becomes a problem for non-Hotmail or non-Live accounts configured with Live Mail because their account can't connect to SkyDrive for the albums to be created.

I'd recommend that you attach the files using Insert > Single Photo in the ribbon menu. You still select multiple photos using that command but it won't be sent as an album, or an album won't be created in Windows Live SkyDrive.

Another way is to attach the photos. It won't display the photos in the email, but it will be sent as attachments to the email.

I also have additional questions for us to better settle your issue:

• When you select all pictures in the folder, and then you click on Email button in the menu bar, does the "Attach Files" dialog box appear?
  • If yes, and you clicked on Attach, does the Live Mail client automatically open a compose box which contains the pictures to be sent?
  • Does the compose box contain any indication that the pictures will be sent as an album or will be have an album created for the pictures?
I'd recommend you try the workaround first. Most of the time it works.

Thanks!                 
Rate this Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Kathrina G. First I would like to thank you for your time and reply to my distress in Windows Live Mail 2011... I would like to tell you that I do not have any problems sending photos from my computer.. and to my surprise everyone gets my pictures that I send to them... Where I have the problem is .... in my email account where I use like I have said "Windows Live mail 2011" I am unable to "forward" a email that I have received from someone else that has photos in the body of the email that does not have an jpg attached to each photo... photo's only... Windows Live Mail 2011 will not send those photos that are in the body of the email that I received.... Now if you could look at that and see what you could do to help me I would be very happy....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 13, 2020 Views 10,862 Applies to: