back to windows 7 from windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10 and tried it out for a couple of days.  I restored an image of my earlier Windows 7 on the disk.  Now WIndows Live Mail wants username/password when it is opened but won't accept my username/password, with the message that Windows Live Mail is locked with too many logins.  Is this a result of having used Windows 10?  How can I regain access to Windows Live Mail using Windows 7?

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:
Answer

WIndows Live Mail wants username/password when it is opened but won't accept my username/password ... How can I regain access to Windows Live Mail using Windows 7?                

You don't need a username and password to access Windows Live Mail.

Windows Live Mail is locked with too many logins.               

The program does not get locked however often you try to sign in. Perhaps you mean that your Microsoft Account has been temporarily blocked?

Sign in to the account's security information page and deal with any challenge you find. Whilst you're there, make sure you have at least two recovery options listed, including a phone number and an alternative email address, preferably on a different domain like Gmail. 

If this doesn't make sense, please use a few more words to explain what happens when you launch the program. If you see an error message, please quote it in full including the title of the window you see it in.

Noel Burgess | Certified Pedant | Claims to know a bit about Windows Live Mail

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.