Windows live mail error 0x800ccc0f for one email account

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a HP Pavilion laptop.  I use Windows Live mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308).  I have 3 email accounts on it - my email provider is Rogers in Canada.  Two email accounts work perfectly but one always come back with an error message 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Rogers (debilevy) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Sometimes in spite of this message, some emails do get sent from this account, but none are ever received.

I have checked with Rogers who say that there is no issue with the server and that all my settings are correct.  I have made sure my anti virus protections and firewalls should not interfere, and in any case, there is no difference between the settings for any of the three accounts.  

I have tried removing the problematic account and re-adding it. On re-adding it, all the emails loaded but it worked for a few minutes and then it stopped working again. 

This issue has persisted for a number of months now, I try not to use open Windows Mail but anytime I try to send an email directly from a website, the computer opens it. 

This is super frustrating, I have scoured the web and cannot find a resolution - I did find another person had mentioned a similar issue but all the suggested fixes (check setting, turn off antivirus etc) did not help at all.

Can someone please assist me, I really need to get my Windows Live Mail to work for all my email accounts (especially in light of the fact that the affected account is my default account).

Thanks,
Debi

|
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on a HP Pavilion laptop.  I use Windows Live mail, Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308).  I have 3 email accounts on it - my email provider is Rogers in Canada.  Two email accounts work perfectly but one always come back with an error message 

Unable to send or receive messages for the Rogers (debilevy) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.broadband.rogers.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Sometimes in spite of this message, some emails do get sent from this account, but none are ever received.

I have checked with Rogers who say that there is no issue with the server and that all my settings are correct.  I have made sure my anti virus protections and firewalls should not interfere, and in any case, there is no difference between the settings for any of the three accounts.  

I have tried removing the problematic account and re-adding it. On re-adding it, all the emails loaded but it worked for a few minutes and then it stopped working again. 

This issue has persisted for a number of months now, I try not to use open Windows Mail but anytime I try to send an email directly from a website, the computer opens it. 

This is super frustrating, I have scoured the web and cannot find a resolution - I did find another person had mentioned a similar issue but all the suggested fixes (check setting, turn off antivirus etc) did not help at all.

Can someone please assist me, I really need to get my Windows Live Mail to work for all my email accounts (especially in light of the fact that the affected account is my default account).

Thanks,
Debi

Hi Debi,

I am having this same problem, have you ever received an answer? 

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi vicbenson,

We apologize for the delayed response. I understand that you're unable to send and receive emails using Windows Live Mail. Don't worry, let us help you with this.

In order to resolve this issue, kindly reconfigure your account and make sure the settings you've used is correct. You can refer to the link below for steps on how to:

How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?

If this is a firewall issue, you can try disabling your security software or firewall to isolate the issue.

How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I started getting that error 0x800CCC0F using Outlook Express with a Rogers account when I emailed myself 2 photos that were about 2.5 MB each.  Like so many error msgs these days it is completely misleading as it appears to blame the server side. (Thanks for that Team WinDOZE) I went into Tools/Accounts, selected properties for the rogers account. Under advanced I set the timeouts value up from 2 minutes to 4 and magically my email finally came through to me.  Hard to believe that the Rogers support team was unable to help since they deal with this bs every day.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same message today, I solved it by going to windows mail, clicked on Tools, than on Options, than on Send, and finally under Mail Sending Format I changed from HTML to Plain text. , clicked on apply and OK and that fixed my problem, I was able to receive mail. It was apparently hung up on a mail I send out earlier. After the send and receive worked I went back into options and changed it back to the way it was earlier and have not had any problems since. Good luck.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I would have tried to execute the send and receive one at a time to determine which of the 2 was having the problem.  If it was a timeout issue and the same timeout is used for both send and receive transactions then you may have corrected it by making the size smaller when you told it not to send in HTML. In that case my sol'n would have worked for you (maybe) and you could have left the setting that way so as not to have the error reoccur.

Cheers, John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2021 Views 14,337 Applies to: