Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail account, Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

I am having the same trouble. I was able to use Windows Live Mail this morning but after the Microsoft update a little while ago I am now unable to. I followed your instructions to the previous post. I am still not able to use it.  This is my error response...

Unable to send or receive messages for the Embarqmail (vintagerunway) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Hi zannew,

It is possible that your receiving the error due to 2 causes:

1.Incorrect POP settings (usually the SSL option for SMTP) – check with provider if it is required or not
2.Firewall blocking ports (usually port 25) – could be 3rd party since Windows Firewall generally allows this port through, unless specifically told not to do so

I suggest you to reconfigure your account. To do this you may refer to this
link for the detailed steps.

For firewall issue you may disable the security software/ firewall to isolate the issue. You may refer to this
link for the detailed steps on how to resolve machine configuration issues.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it possible that Embarq.com does not want my Anti-Republic takeover of their site?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2023 Views 694 Applies to: