Restored email message ended up in Storage Folders

Question Summary
Other Windows Live Mail issues
Please provide your impacted Email address :
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***
Did you receive an error code or message?
No
Please enter the error code or message you received
none
Which version of Windows Live Mail are you using ?
Version 2011 (15.4.3538.513)
Choose your Operating System version :
Windows 7

Additional Details
I have three email addresses or entities.  I exported all the email files (Inbox and Sent) in my first Identity to an empty folder.  I am following the backup and restore WLM procedure, but I wanted to make sure I could restore these emails before I deleted them.  So I deleted all the emails in the new folder except one, and then I followed the restore procedure, but the restored email went into my Storage folder instead of back in my first edentity (Inbox).  Is this normal?  How can I direct the restored files to go back into the same identity file?  Thanks, Tomc

Answer
Answer
Hello, I followed your suggestions and got the log information, but I don't know how to attach it.  Tried to copy and past but file is too large.  Here are a couple of lines but they probably won't help??  Anyway, goinf offline and going back to WLM didn't change anything significantly??  Please let me know how I can send you this log file.  Thanks, Tomc

[09:48:54.35] 1778                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (booktree.cpp:3723), failed with 0x800CCE19 
[09:48:57.30] 1778                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (booktree.cpp:3723), failed with 0x800CCE19 
[09:48:59.47] 1778                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (booktree.cpp:3723), failed with 0x800CCE19 
[09:49:01.11] 16d0                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk [tx] Adding an orphaned file to the database: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Cox (birdsongs2)\Deleted Items\68A2044D-00000002.eml
[09:49:01.14] 16d0                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (storutil.cpp:5325), failed with 0x800C013E 
[09:49:01.15] 16d0                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk [tx] Adding an orphaned file to the database: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\Cox (birdsongs2)\Deleted Items\73E04C89-00000003.eml
[09:49:01.23] 16d0                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk ERROR: (storutil.cpp:5325), failed with 0x800C013E 
[09:49:01.23] 16d0                 Mail:            Zone_MailChk [tx] Adding an orphaned file to the database: C:\Users\Tom\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
Tomcol

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Thanks Ron.  I'll go ahead and proceed with the uinstall and reinstall of WLM with the prosumption that it will work fine when I restore all the files that I had backed upped.  So the way I understand it, if I back up each identity separately, then I could restore each identity separately or should I back up all folders and restore all folders together??  Thanks Tomc
Tomcol

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 16, 2018 Views 1,195 Applies to: