POP3 server not responding in Live Mail

I've been getting the message "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds do you want to wait" when using Live Mail.  It used to be once or twice a day and I could correct it by restarting.  Now occurs multiple times and am not able to get past it today.  I have Windows 7 and have not made any changes to mail.  I have contacted my internet provider and they claim it's on my end.  Help, please!  Thanks!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've been getting the message "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds do you want to wait" when using Live Mail.  It used to be once or twice a day and I could correct it by restarting.  Now occurs multiple times and am not able to get past it today.  I have Windows 7 and have not made any changes to mail.  I have contacted my internet provider and they claim it's on my end.  Help, please!  Thanks!

I have had the exact same issue on widows live. I have spoken to my internet provider and they advise it an issue with the Microsoft Live software. I get the same message "Your POP3 server is not responded ion 60 seconds do you want to wait". How do i resolve this? It is very frustrating!

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Elaine8131 and ErrordJarrett,

Welcome to Windows Live Mail forum. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your account in Windows Live Mail. Let's see what we can do. In order for us to isolate the possible causes, we would like to ask some information from you.

• What is your Windows Live Mail build version?
  • Where do you exactly received the error message? Is it when starting the program or when viewing an email?
  • Have you tried reconfiguring your account in Windows Live Mail?
  • Did you make any changes on your account on your web server prior to the issue?
  • Have you confirmed to your email provider if there are any changes on their POP server settings?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Helene C.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same problem as well.  I have done nothing differently than the day before and nothing works!  This is the error message I get.

Unable to send or receive messages. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop.verizon.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
Socket Error: 10060

I also have Windows 7, I did the  Repair all Windows Essentials programs and nothing helps.  I double checked the email properties and they are correct.   Windows Live Mail worked one day and then didn't the next!  Nothing has changed its the weirdest thing and a stressful thing.  I have to get to my emails besides just logging into the Verizon website and then having to log into each email account separately...ugh!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello livingny,

Welcome to Microsoft Community Forum. I understand that you're receiving the error code 0x800CCC0E in Windows Live Mail. We would need to verify some information for us to further investigate the case. Please provide us more details by answering the questions below:

• Are you using different connections? If yes, what connection is it?
  • Are you having issues when logging in/logged into Outlook.com?

We would also like you to refer within this link to:

• Try to set SMTP port to 587 with TLS or SSL Encryption
  • Re-configure your account in Windows Live Mail

How can I resolve machine configuration issues in Windows Live Mail?

Why do I get the error about SMTP server timing out when using port 587 with SSL for mobile.charter.net in Windows Live Mail?

We are looking forward on your response.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm am using Windows Mail which was changed into Windows Live Mail years ago.  I do not use Outlook.  I am running Windows 7 with all the updates.  I am using a wireless connection but I am not at home.  I have turned off the Router and turned it back on.   I have connected through this Router before and was able to download my email with no issues.  My email worked for me with no issues when I was elsewhere, its just since I've been here yesterday.  I have no other way to connect to the internet besides using the wireless signal, no wired options.

Verizon has the smtp port set at 465.  This is what they have posted on their site for me.

The following are the settings for setting up and configuring your  and remote access

User name settings

• Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password
High Speed Internet (DSL) settings
  • Domain: dsl.verizon.net
  • Network protocol used: TCP/IP
Mail server settings
  • Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
  • Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
  • Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
  • Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465  
  • Your Verizon Online user name
  • Your Verizon Online password
  • Make sure "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)" is checked.

I will try the 587 you listed above and see if it works.  I will let you know.

I also have done everything on configuration link you posted except not sure how to do #4.  #5, I wasn't sure what the heck I was looking for on that.

The second link you posted has no answer... and I haven't used 587 yet and it was trying to address an error message for that port number NOT the 465 port number I'm using.

I'll be back and thanks for taking the time to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here are the error messages.

Unable to send or receive messages for the verizon account. The connection to the server has failed.

Server: 'pop.verizon.net'
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995

(This one is because I have something in my Outbox that cannot be sent.)

The connection to the server has failed.

Subject 'Feedback'
Server: 'smtp.verizon.net'
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi livingn,

Thank you for getting back to us and for the information. For us to further investigate your issue, kindly provide the following log files and provide it on the private message I have created.

-Windows Live Mail log files

-MSinfo logs

To collect the log files needed follow the steps given on the links below:

How can I collect log files from Windows Live Mail

How to get MSinfo logs

Note: You will notice that the instruction to collect MSinfo is for Photo Gallery and Movie Maker, but it is also the same steps when getting MSinfo logs for Live Mail.

Please click on You have a private reply to this message link just above your post to view the message. Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.

Your cooperation on this matter will be highly appreciated. I look forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Will do!  I'm at work right now so will do this after.

I'm also thinking it might be the router settings.  I noticed if I use their wireless signal to connect my cell phone to the internet I can't check my mail BUT if I use my cell's 'mobile data' to connect then I can download my mail.  Its really the only thing that makes sense.

I'm also going to bring my laptop over to a different apt and see if I still have an issue.  (I do a lot of dog sitting so I'm in other people's homes a lot.)  Anyway, I think if I can check mail at another apt with no issues then we can safely say its the router.  I'm only here another day but if I was here longer this would be a major issue.  I run a business as well as classes and I have to have access to my email without logging in and out of all my different sub-accounts on Verizon.  What a pain in the butt this has been!

Thank you all for your time and support.  I'll be back when I get the logs above and will also let you know if my email works at another place!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello livingny,

Thank you for your update and cooperation in resolving your issue. Let us know how things turn out when you isolate the issue using different internet connection.

In addition, you may try these steps for possible resolution.

1. Right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select Properties.

2. On the Servers tab, ensure that My server requires authentication is selected.

3. On the Advanced tab, ensure that the server port for outgoing mail is 587.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Helene C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Helene,

I was getting this error once or twice a day for the past few months.  For several days this week, the error occurred throughout the entire day.  Yesterday I didn't get it and haven't so far today.  I have done nothing to attempt to correct the problem so I have no explanation why it stopped.  Just glad it did!

I'll write again or will look at your suggestions if it happens again.

Thanks!

Elaine

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 9,520 Applies to: